News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The Better All Purpose RB? Guests Can Vote

Started by Ed Vette, December 30, 2023, 09:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who's your guy?

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

T200

Tiki

- Fumbles cured by TC
- His workout and conditioning were stellar and contributed to his agility, balance, and stamina
- Very good hands out of the backfield
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

T200

He also had 3 seasons when he returned punts.

In his second-to-last season, he had 3 200-yard rushing games. His last games was a 234-yard performance.

Giant Obsession

Not even close.

Tiki was an elite back.

There are a dozen RB in the league now who can easily equal Barkley.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

BluesCruz

Tiki had great vision, had incredible tackle breaking ability
He was tough and durable.  Always made decent yardage, rarely stopped behind the LOS.  Part of it was his training routine of 1000 lbs leg presses. part just plain desire to dominate.

Barkley posesses none of these traits
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

DaveBrown74

I voted for Tiki because he had more high quality seasons than Barkley where he was consistently available. Barkley had two of those, maybe three if you count 2019. Everything else has either been mediocre, bad, or he has been absent. Tiki was simply much more durable and much more consistent, and unlike Barkley he didn't start declining in his mid 20s.

BluesCruz

who voted for Barkley?

Saquon is that you behind the keyboard LOL :what:

Ed Vette

Tiki only missed two games after his rookie season. He even had 1200 yards and a 4.4 average with that atrocious Oline of 2003. He lost snaps when Ron Dayne was drafted but it was a wake-up call apparently as he had his best years starting in 2000. Over 2000 yards total rush/pass his last three seasons and over 5 YC his last two.

If he had played in 2007 he would have been a lock for the HOF. Unfortunately, he and Shockey were divisive. If he didn't retire after 2006, he may have derailed that SB team. He was vilified by the fan base.

Barkley on the other hand didn't have Eli or Coughlin or Gilbride. A combination of several new HC's, Olines that were bad and a struggling QB, along with some catastrophic injuries derailed his career. He's since learned how to protect his body but the reckless abandon took its toll. It's unfortunate because he's a great team mate, leader and role model. 
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

What an overwhelming, runaway blowout of a poll outcome, especially considering how many Giants fans don't like Tiki.

The results look a bit like the Detroit Pistons' current record.

BluesCruz

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 31, 2023, 11:09:32 AMWhat an overwhelming, runaway blowout of a poll outcome, especially considering how many Giants fans don't like Tiki.

The results look a bit like the Detroit Pistons' current record.

all that misguided Tiki hate has long since evaporated

after suffering with the #2 pick (yellow jacket, face of the franchise) in the draft people realize how great Tiki was

Only Barry Sanders, Jim Brown and Tiki ever retired at the top of their games at that rarified level.  Tiki should have hung in for a couple of years.  Said he "could not stand coming to work with Coughlin running the place"....so he hung it up.  I believe him- Coughlin was not for everyone- certainly a "hey you kids get off of my lawn" type of guy.  BUT he got the job done

Tiki certainly deserves to be in the HOF next to his twin brother for his finale year alone

I can just hear it now- some kid asking his dad why there are two busts of the same guy? LOL :crazy:

T200

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 31, 2023, 11:09:32 AMWhat an overwhelming, runaway blowout of a poll outcome, especially considering how many Giants fans don't like Tiki.

Quote from: BluesCruz on December 31, 2023, 11:52:29 AMall that misguided Tiki hate has long since evaporated

All of the Tiki hate had nothing to do with his play on the field.

At least in this poll, folks are able to separate the player from the person and be objective.

Trench

Tiki by a mile. He was a big game player and a 4th quarter player. Saquon chokes sometimes

BluesCruz

Quote from: Trench on December 31, 2023, 04:14:57 PMTiki by a mile. He was a big game player and a 4th quarter player. Saquon chokes sometimes

choke ARTIST

Trench

I'll tell ya another big spot player who was always counted on - Ahmad Bradshaw!

londonblue

I don't see how anyone can vote for Saquon seeing his hands of stone on key passes and him taking negative yardage on a critical run which is pretty much who he is. Occasionally he explodes for big plays (fewer than pre-injury) but too often he just does not get the basics right. Tiki was money.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.