News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants VS Rams game thread

Started by MightyGiants, December 31, 2023, 12:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

BluesCruz

RAMs have and 87% chance of getting in if they win

24% if they lose. according to NFL.com

Should be an interesting game
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

spiderblue43

Losing Banks probably will hurt. Rams have found talent to fix huge holes in just a year. It can be done.

bighitterdalama

Tough matchup. Rams playing at a high level.

bighitterdalama

Giants literally ceding 5-7 every pass play.

jgrangers2

Quote from: spiderblue43 on December 31, 2023, 12:49:42 PMLosing Banks probably will hurt. Rams have found talent to fix huge holes in just a year. It can be done.

I feel like people left him for dead, but Stafford is really good when he's healthy

Trench

I watched Thibs drop back 2x in coverage on this drive and both times he was literally looking around uncertain. Use the guy as he was intended.

umassgrad

The over under on Rams punts today is 1. I'm taking the under.

MagicRat

Quote from: umassgrad on December 31, 2023, 01:10:10 PMThe over under on Rams punts today is 1. I'm taking the under.
The first drive suggests that's a good shout.
Smell my cheese you mother!

bighitterdalama

Why defer, then come out playing a soft defense? JH Christ Almighty.

Trench

Nice job Dabol getting challenge flag dropped in time.

On the other hand, I wish our offense could line up and snap it as quickly as Rams just did when a play is questionable. That was impressive to see

umassgrad

Props to Dabs on the early challenges.

MagicRat

Two successful challenges on three plays? I'd say this one comes back also.
Smell my cheese you mother!

Trench

4th down and Wink again drops Thibs into coverage. I've been highly critical of Thibs not doing it in big spots. But if he isn't given the chance to rush the QB then it's not on him.

He was drafted to hit the QB. This dropping back stuff is useless because he rarely makes a play when he is in this position anyhow!

Dumb coaching.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Trench on December 31, 2023, 01:16:39 PM4th down and Wink again drops Thibs into coverage. I've been highly critical of Thibs not doing it in big spots. But if he isn't given the chance to rush the QB then it's not on him.

He was drafted to hit the QB. This dropping back stuff is useless because he rarely makes a play when he is in this position anyhow!

Dumb coaching.

Weird too because Wink is a guy known for bringing the heat.

To be fair, the Giants are (I believe) 2nd in blitz frequency. Weird that they drop him back this much.