News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants VS Rams game thread

Started by MightyGiants, December 31, 2023, 12:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicRat

Quote from: Trench on December 31, 2023, 01:16:39 PM4th down and Wink again drops Thibs into coverage. I've been highly critical of Thibs not doing it in big spots. But if he isn't given the chance to rush the QB then it's not on him.

He was drafted to hit the QB. This dropping back stuff is useless because he rarely makes a play when he is in this position anyhow!

Dumb coaching.
I've been wondering about the number of times Thibs drops, strange as you say when he's,  potentially or actually,  our top pass rusher.
Smell my cheese you mother!

Trench

The 1st handoff to Barkley. Just watched replay slo motion. #3 and 13 on Rams into backfield untouched and no Giant even close to them. This has to be a coaching issue to see so many hits in backfield untouched.

sooners56

Do the Giants have any QB who can throw a pass to Hyatt in front of him so he can run under it?
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

killarich

Dex is a beast

But we need someone like snacks on the d-line next to him

This team gets pushed around on both sides of the ball instantly

Trench

Quote from: killarich on December 31, 2023, 01:27:25 PMDex is a beast

But we need someone like snacks on the d-line next to him

This team gets pushed around on both sides of the ball instantly

Could not agree more!

killarich

That's it for Pinnock ... do t risk him at all next weekend ... let Belton play ... if he's even playing

TDToomer

This run D is swiss cheese
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

killarich

OBVIOUS holding missed on Thibs ..smh .... He gets no respect ..ridiculous

bighitterdalama

Pinnock joins Flat Tyre Phillips headed out injured. That's two starters out before the end of the first quarter. One more time please on how there isn't an issue with the medical/S & C staff?

DaveBrown74

Quote from: TDToomer on December 31, 2023, 01:30:02 PMThis run D is swiss cheese

They're making Kyren Williams look like the second coming of Emmitt Smith here.

killarich

Biggest needs not named QB

Receiver

O-line

DT ... and not because we let Williams go... we need the opposite of Williams .... We need a big body run stuffer

Trench

Horrible defense. Nothing up middle besides Dex, Thibs is basically a non factor until the backfield locks down, losing Love caused a major setback to the entire unit. Our safeties and CB blitz rarely work.  Wink may not be the guy going forward.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: killarich on December 31, 2023, 01:32:45 PMBiggest needs not named QB

Receiver

O-line

DT ... and not because we let Williams go... we need the opposite of Williams .... We need a big body run stuffer

What positions do we not need significant help at?

Maybe secondary but the whole team is beyond bereft.

Woody

Quote from: Trench on December 31, 2023, 01:33:17 PMHorrible defense. Nothing up middle besides Dex, Thibs is basically a non factor until the backfield locks down, losing Love caused a major setback to the entire unit. Our safeties and CB blitz rarely work.  Wink may not be the guy going forward.
They miss Lenard

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

killarich

Quote from: Trench on December 31, 2023, 01:33:17 PMHorrible defense. Nothing up middle besides Dex, Thibs is basically a non factor until the backfield locks down, losing Love caused a major setback to the entire unit. Our safeties and CB blitz rarely work.  Wink may not be the guy going forward.

Thibs would've had a sack or a qb hit the second to last play but he was damn near horse collared and no call

Love was good...but pinnock was the best db we had at getting into the backfield