News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants VS Rams game thread

Started by MightyGiants, December 31, 2023, 12:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

killarich

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 31, 2023, 01:33:53 PMWhat positions do we not need significant help at?

Maybe secondary but the whole team is beyond bereft.

I think DT is more of a need then secondary

bighitterdalama

Quote from: Trench on December 31, 2023, 01:33:17 PMHorrible defense. Nothing up middle besides Dex, Thibs is basically a non factor until the backfield locks down, losing Love caused a major setback to the entire unit. Our safeties and CB blitz rarely work.  Wink may not be the guy going forward.

I'm feeling more and more that Wink won't be back.

Trench

Pugh - excellent block to spring Barkley

killarich

Taylor should have dumped it off to Glowinski

Blue Since ‘62

Little talent and poor coaching. Its been this way for years and there's no real light at the end of the tunnel. As a poster said last week, its like the 1970s all over. The difference is that George Young isn't walking through the door this time.

killarich

Daboll is using Lions drama with Glowinski lol

umassgrad

I've been very critical of Thibs so I have been keying on him so I just don't judge him on the stat sheet. So far, yes they drop him into coverage at times but when he does rush the QB he gets stopped cold and just hugs the blocker. No pass rush moves, so far he is a non factor again after pitching a complete shut out last week.

jgrangers2

Quote from: killarich on December 31, 2023, 01:35:13 PMI think DT is more of a need then secondary

Yup. DT and EDGE are the two biggest needs on this D. Definitely need someone to pair with Dex on that front.

killarich

They finally let Hyatt run a route

DaveBrown74

Quote from: killarich on December 31, 2023, 01:35:13 PMI think DT is more of a need then secondary

Totally agree. I was saying secondary might be the area of least need, depending on whether we keep McKinney/Adoree or not. If either of those are not re-signed then their respective positions become a clear need area on top of all the other ones.

There is no area on offense that is not a major area of need. I even include RB in that even if Barkley is kept. We have no quality depth there, and Barkley is declining.

Trench

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 31, 2023, 01:39:29 PMTotally agree. I was saying secondary might be the area of least need, depending on whether we keep McKinney/Adoree or not. If either of those are not re-signed then their respective positions become a clear need area on top of all the other ones.

There is no area on offense that is not a major area of need. I even include RB in that even if Barkley is kept. We have no quality depth there, and Barkley is declining.

If u can't count on a RB in big spot to get a yard when needed then he shouldn't be a big $$ cost to the team

killarich

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 31, 2023, 01:39:29 PMTotally agree. I was saying secondary might be the area of least need, depending on whether we keep McKinney/Adoree or not. If either of those are not re-signed then their respective positions become a clear need area on top of all the other ones.

Ok yea I agree 100%

I think on offense we really need to figure out what is being done at QB then get a wr1 and Oline help AGAIN

If Barkley has a hissy fit about any contract this offseason he should really reconsider his priorities.... He really dropped the ball on a 13mil a season contract

He has done nothing to earn anything more than 8 mil a season .... I even think his play has been worth 5-6 million a season

DaveBrown74

Trench

Quote from: killarich on December 31, 2023, 01:34:32 PMThibs would've had a sack or a qb hit the second to last play but he was damn near horse collared and no call

Love was good...but pinnock was the best db we had at getting into the backfield

The real good ones are able to get past the holds. He is easily handled one on one most plays. U may be correct in that particular play but he is not showing us a game changing player in my opinion. Especially in big games

bighitterdalama

Never seen a veteran QB with less of a touch on dump off passes than TT.