News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Tough Loss that wasn’t supposed to be a close game

Started by Ed Vette, December 31, 2023, 04:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

TT made a few mistakes but had the best passing day of the season. Lots of mistakes and penalties taking yards and potential points away.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

BluesCruz

REFS

BAD 2 MINUTE DRILLS

BARKLEY CANNOT CATCH A COLD

KICKER
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Jclayton92

Draft a Qb

Couple oline pieces

New coordinators

Draft pick and pieces on D

Youth at RB.

those are obtainable things

I know everyone hates thibs, Jackson, the coaches etc but watching last week and this week we are not that far off especially when you consider we have no oline or Qb. Fix those issues and we could have a huge upswing next season.

Ed Vette

Lots of dropped passes. The Hyatt 4th down screwup. Bad call to run the ball on second down at the end. And of course the Offensive Line.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

T200

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 31, 2023, 04:16:29 PMTT made a few mistakes but had the best passing day of the season. Lots of mistakes and penalties taking yards and potential points away.
He made more than a few mistakes. As I said in the game day thread, he was up and down. Made some great throws and made some awful ones and missed badly on some.

If he was on his game, it would have been a Baltimore/Miami-type blowout. Defense played solid and kept the team in the game all day.

If I'm being honest, since the middle of the season, these are the close losses I was expecting. Keep it close and lose it at the end.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Ed Vette

Quote from: T200 on December 31, 2023, 04:27:07 PMHe made more than a few mistakes. As I said in the game day thread, he was up and down. Made some great throws and made some awful ones and missed badly on some.

If he was on his game, it would have been a Baltimore/Miami-type blowout. Defense played solid and kept the team in the game all day.

If I'm being honest, since the middle of the season, these are the close losses I was expecting. Keep it close and lose it at the end.
His biggest mistake was the 2 point conversion miss to Barkley. He brought the team back to win the game, connected on passes downfield and had the Offense in a rhythm in the second half. Had 319 yards and drops lost him at least another 50 yards but probably more. He had a better game than Matt Stafford. I gotta disagree with you buddy.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

T200

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 31, 2023, 04:35:08 PMHis biggest mistake was the 2 point conversion miss to Barkley. He brought the team back to win the game, connected on passes downfield and had the Offense in a rhythm in the second half. Had 319 yards and drops lost him at least another 50 yards but probably more. He had a better game than Matt Stafford. I gotta disagree with you buddy.
He definitely had a better game than Stafford.

Tyrod got fooled by the single-high safety on the INT. He had time and if he looked left, he had Hyatt all alone for a TD. He also rushed other passes that were way off target. But, he made some huge deep throws, bought time with his legs, and had other positive pass plays called back due to penalties. That's why I said he had a see-saw game.

I'd give him a C+.

Ed Vette

Quote from: T200 on December 31, 2023, 04:38:58 PMHe definitely had a better game than Stafford.

Tyrod got fooled by the single-high safety on the INT. He had time and if he looked left, he had Hyatt all alone for a TD. He also rushed other passes that were way off target. But, he made some huge deep throws, bought time with his legs, and had other positive pass plays called back due to penalties. That's why I said he had a see-saw game.

I'd give him a C+.
Just the third 300 yard passing in the last 46 RS games. Easily could have been 375 yards if not for the drops.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

~ Coach Tom Coughlin

BluesCruz

if ever there was a loss that counts as a win
it was this one along with the time we lost to the Patriots and then beat them in the SB

actually feels good  we de-pantsed the lofty Rams and kept the better draft position
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Painter

Second guessing is what sustains us, is it not? And never more than when "better than expected" provides for more opportunity to do so. That is, unless for those already more interested in the when, the where, and the who, of the latest Draft projection which might rescue all on board...like say, the passengers on BBH and surely not among on the ship of fools.  :-??

Cheers!

StompYouOT

We need to keep Tyrod if we don't draft a guy. We have been in every game with him.

QB is by far our biggest need, getting quality play there changes the entire team, not a mystery

Giant Obsession

Quote from: T200 on December 31, 2023, 04:27:07 PMHe made more than a few mistakes. As I said in the game day thread, he was up and down. Made some great throws and made some awful ones and missed badly on some.

T200,

With all due respect Today was TT on his game.  He has been fortunate to have the career he has.

He is the same player he was at Va.Tech.  Just like Daniel Jones is the same player he was at Duke.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

T200

Quote from: Giant Obsession on December 31, 2023, 05:29:05 PMT200,

With all due respect Today was TT on his game.  He has been fortunate to have the career he has.

He is the same player he was at Va.Tech.  Just like Daniel Jones is the same player he was at Duke.
I'm down on Tyrod. Of the 3, he's the best QB that we have.

Not sure if anyone remembers but I actually floated an idea to let Jones walk and we just roll with Tyrod for this season since we could get the same production from him that we got from Jones and didn't have to pay anything extra while we already had him under contract. But, I digress.

He gets a C+ for this game and while I haven't seen the pot-game pressers, I can almost guarantee he takes full accountability for the loss because of his missed pass on the 2-point conversion.