News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

You can have 5 points and the Giants (against the Eagles) who are you taking?

Started by MightyGiants, January 05, 2024, 11:20:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Really tough one. The Eagles have been awful, but are we good enough to beat them?

Possibly, yes. We were the better team in the last game once we pulled DeVito, and that was in Philly. The Eagles have been really bad recently. They have serious issues in the secondary, and their linebackers aren't good either. Taylor was able to move the ball effectively against them, and Taylor played well against the Rams too.

There's also a chance the Eagles start to rest players during the game. I am sure fans want momentum, but not all coaches believe that's more important than injury risk. If Dallas is up 21-3 at halftime or something, you could see the Eagles pull guys.

I'm going to have to go with us and the 5 points. I don't think we're good at all, but the Eagles are a mess and it's possible they may not even have starters in for at least half the game.

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 05, 2024, 11:36:18 AMReally tough one. The Eagles have been awful, but are we good enough to beat them?

Possibly, yes. We were the better team in the last game once we pulled DeVito, and that was in Philly. The Eagles have been really bad recently. They have serious issues in the secondary, and their linebackers aren't good either. Taylor was able to move the ball effectively against them, and Taylor played well against the Rams too.

There's also a chance the Eagles start to rest players during the game. I am sure fans want momentum, but not all coaches believe that's more important than injury risk. If Dallas is up 21-3 at halftime or something, you could see the Eagles pull guys.

I'm going to have to go with us and the 5 points. I don't think we're good at all, but the Eagles are a mess and it's possible they may not even have starters in for at least half the game.

There are always unknown in a game.  I think this one is even more challenging as it's likely the Eagles resting or playing players in the second half of the game could be contingent on the score of the Dallas/Commanders game.

Although I have heard it suggested that while health and rest are important, so is momentum.   The Eagles have been struggling of late and they really could use a solid win so they enter the playoffs with some momentum and confidence.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

TDToomer

Seem like since the NFL went to 8 divisions the 5th seed is the most ideal position to be since there is always a crappy 4th seed who won their lousy division.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs