News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Black Monday- HC and GM firings

Started by EDjohnst1981, January 08, 2024, 04:52:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TDToomer

The Raiders are going to make the same mistake they made picking the hot candidate over the interim coach that the team played hard for. It's Josh McDaniels all over again.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

DaveBrown74

Quote from: TDToomer on January 08, 2024, 11:31:06 AMThe Raiders are going to make the same mistake they made picking the hot candidate over the interim coach that the team played hard for. It's Josh McDaniels all over again.

If it happens to be Harbaugh, it's hard to blame them.

Antonio Pierce did a solid job but Harbaugh is a proven success.

If it's some random unproven guy or mediocre re-tread then I agree with you 100%.

kartanoman

If the Giants end up in need of a defensive coordinator, and AP becomes available, it would be nice to have him return to the team and inject the energy his team put on the Giants in Vegas, as well as every other team he faced the rest of the way.

He was an instrumental building block in the Super Bowl XLII run and knows how to coach and motivate his players. I'll take that resume any day of the week.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

BlueMoshik

Quote from: AZGiantFan on January 08, 2024, 10:42:20 AMIf you get mad that the other team scored on you there is a simple answer.  Don't let them.

The Saints were in victory formation. If the offense were lined up normally for a goal line play, your argument would make sense. That's not on the defense.

LennG

Don't see New England on any list so far.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

GloryDays

That is a stupid move by the raiders.. A P will get a quick HC job offers from one of those teams!

TDToomer

Quote from: GloryDays on January 08, 2024, 02:16:31 PMThat is a stupid move by the raiders.. A P will get a quick HC job offers from one of those teams!

I think the problem is that the Raiders need to decide on a GM first. Unless the make the interim GM permanent he will want a say on who the HC will be.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

MightyGiants

Quote from: GloryDays on January 08, 2024, 02:16:31 PMThat is a stupid move by the raiders.. A P will get a quick HC job offers from one of those teams!

With all the interview rules, the days of quick hires are over.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

coggs

Quote from: GordonGekko80 on January 08, 2024, 09:16:43 AMIt's my guess... There were rumours that Pierce as not going to be confirmed as the HC.
He was the interim HC.  By league rule, they cannot just remove the interim label.  They must go through the process and fulfill the Rooney Rule.

GordonGekko80

Quote from: AZGiantFan on January 08, 2024, 10:42:20 AMIf you get mad that the other team scored on you there is a simple answer.  Don't let them.

True, but give the D a chance to line up the right way. Don't score out of Victory Formation.

BluesCruz

Pierce might be a better HC than DC.....is he acting as his own DC?

BTW I have picked the Raiders to go.....all......the.....way!!!!

That will make brining in Harbaugh (a guy who should stay in College if ever there was one) very problematic

Also top NCAA HCs are better paid and more comfortable jobs than HC in the NFL
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

bobalobabingbong

I think the problem here is they pretended to get ready and kneel down to run out the clock.   It was trickery and a crappy thing to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
- Dan

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

TDToomer