News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

What has been disappointing this year.

Started by DragonSoul, January 08, 2024, 10:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSoul

1. Obviously we hoped the Giants would be somewhat where they were last year, or a tad better.

2. Daboll is obviously fallible. Had some head scratchers. But all coaches have that. I didn't like how they didn't play to the any of the qb strengths right away, as they did last year, and the play calling a lot of times left things to be desired. That can also be put on MK.

3. Defense should have been better with all those miss tackles all season is unforgivable. That is on the players and Wink.

4. Oline coach should have been gone last year. Blame that on the Daboll/GM.

5. ST Coach should have been gone last year. Blame that on the Daboll/GM.

I hope this year has opened Dabolls eyes and either makes sure his OC plays to the teams strengths or takes over the play calling.

They need to find a very solid DC that can teach. I wouldn't be against Ron as a DC (never wanted him as a coach) but open to others obviously.

They need to also find coaches that can truly teach the oline as well as the ST cause they were horrid, no matter the QB in there and no matter the STs that was out there. Yes they all had a glimmer of positives, but mostly negatives, which is why we are in this position.

I truly hope Daboll and Joe have learned from the last two years. I believe even with some of his mistakes, Daboll should get at least another year. I actually thought they'd only win about 3-4 games after watching how things unfolded and the mess from the Def, oline, ST and so forth.

GL to the Giants and us in 2024. Thankfully this year I didn't get the season ticket, most of the games were available locally.

londonblue

In summary, Daboll has been a disappointment year two with both coaching and his apparent people management issues raising concerns moving forwards.

Schoen needs to be in his ear and getting him the support, advice and training he needs to improve his leadership skills. Daboll has to be humble enough to learn.

If Daboll carries on as he has this year he will be destined to be another smart former coordinator who could not carry the burden of the big hat.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

kingm56

I don't understand this notion about Daboll getting humbled this year.  Do fans realize he's no presided over the NFL's 32, 30, 29, 23 and 29  (this season) ranked offenses; the man has already been fired 2x...does he need more humbling?  If the Giants acquire more talent and/or hit on the QB, I suspect he'll remember how to coach again, just like he did when paired with Josh Allen.  Fundamentally, the Giants don't have a coaching issue; they have a severe talent problem.   

MightyGiants

Quote from: kingm56 on January 09, 2024, 04:54:15 AMI don't understand this notion about Daboll getting humbled this year.  Do fans realize he's no presided over the NFL's 32, 30, 29, 23 and 29  (this season) ranked offenses; the man has already been fired 2x...does he need more humbling?  If the Giants acquire more talent and/or hit on the QB, I suspect he'll remember how to coach again, just like he did when paired with Josh Allen.  Fundamentally, the Giants don't have a coaching issue; they have a severe talent problem.   

Matt,

I think people so this scene after one victory as a flex by Daboll

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=503012341855635
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE