News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Do my eyes deceive me or are the Giants the ascendant NFC East Team

Started by BluesCruz, January 08, 2024, 05:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doc16LT56

Quote from: BluesCruz on January 08, 2024, 03:08:43 PMIts long a time,  for many seasons been my contention that Jones could not throw downfield out side the numbers.  He rarely tries any more and when he does he is way off the mark.  He has no feel for those throws and fears them

Then you have Barkley- a feast or famine RB who cannot move the sticks
His productivity comes from occasional long runs.  Otherwise he is a one and done RB a 1.7 YPC RB minus the long ones.  Who typically cannot catch a cold.
These two things may be true, but we still need a QB and RB. The quality of their replacements will go a long way in determining the opportunity for success over the next few years.

Please don't respond with Devito and Gray. Please don't respond with Devito and Gray. Please don't respond with Devito and Gray.

Messiah717

Quote from: BluesCruz on January 08, 2024, 03:08:43 PMYou guys have missed the mark so far off that it pains me

Its long a time,  for many seasons been my contention that Jones could not throw downfield out side the numbers.  He rarely tries any more and when he does he is way off the mark.  He has no feel for those throws and fears them

Then you have Barkley- a feast or famine RB who cannot move the sticks
His productivity comes from occasional long runs.  Otherwise he is a one and done RB a 1.7 YPC RB minus the long ones.  Who typically cannot catch a cold.  In reaction opponents routinely crowd the LOS with impunity

Both players led the team into a gigantic losing funk

The line does not want to block for them, the WRs have no interest in stretching the field, the defense grows as weary as Jamie the Punters leg.

No other RB ever sees any kind of real action as Schoen and Daboll likely got their jobs by swearing to save "the face of the franchise" and the "Mr Nice Guy"scholar from Duke that everyone would love to have over for Thanksgiving.
And Mara thinks is his long lost son.

You all seem to think the 3 game winning streak was an optical illusion, we didnt dominate the Jets, Bills and Rams then literally hand them a victory they did not deserve.  Dominated a good Packers team on National TV, then Culminating in a nuclear destruction of the vaunted
Philadelphia Turkey Vultures and came within a hair of beating them in Philly 2 weeks before that.

Oh so sad Crosby could not hit the broadside of a barn and we let up and didnt score in the second half.....we played give the ball to the soon to be retired WR instead of scoring

All of this occured when "The Boy Next Door" QB was finally off the field.

If they insist on a replay of Jones and Barkley the losing will return big time.  These two made sustained excellence impossible and none of the dancing Elephants or the exhausted defense wanted to put out for them.

What is it you cannot decipher guys- come on? Its not brain surgery :doh:

You are what your record says you are.  The Jets beat the Eagles with Zach friggin Wilson had had their own three game win streak. What's that make them?  The Raiders, Broncos, Falcons and Vikings beat the Packers so what about them?  These narratives are silly.