News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT- interesting Eagles development

Started by MightyGiants, January 12, 2024, 02:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

I can't recall any time where a team has broken down like this internally BEFORE a playoff game. And this is hardly the first time I've seen a team go cold in December before the playoffs.

madbadger

Too many uber talented divas, an overrated quarterback and only one ball. Someone was bound to flip their wig at some point. Say what you want about Dabs, while he has rubbed his fellow coaches the wrong way the players still respect him. Siriani on the other hand....

DaveBrown74

Quote from: madbadger on January 12, 2024, 02:56:13 PMToo many uber talented divas, an overrated quarterback and only one ball. Someone was bound to flip their wig at some point. Say what you want about Dabs, while he has rubbed his fellow coaches the wrong way the players still respect him. Siriani on the other hand....

I agree, although this formula seemed to work just fine for them last year.

spiderblue43

Well..Siriani does nothing impressive but be repetitive and profane. That he excels at.AJ is a typical WR Diva, Hurts isn't great in the passing game (even with great protection and skill players) and they're old in spots.

But the biggest reason they look so bad  is they don't care and have quit on their coach.

spiderblue43

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 12, 2024, 03:44:05 PMI agree, although this formula seemed to work just fine for them last year.

True. But Siriani and the team got exposed when they lost their coordinators. Then they caved in character wise.

An addendum: Baker's waking up "feeling dangerous ". Ha ha.

Bob In PA

Quote from: spiderblue43 on January 12, 2024, 03:59:59 PMTrue. But Siriani and the team got exposed when they lost their coordinators. Then they caved in character wise

spider: I know you are 100 percent accurate in both statements. Nice post. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

madbadger

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 12, 2024, 03:44:05 PMI agree, although this formula seemed to work just fine for them last year.

Honeymoon season.

uconnjack8

I thought the physical injury might knock Brown out of the playoffs, not a bruised ego.

Doc16LT56

This is why I worry about Daboll's temperament long-term. Winning solves everything until it doesn't. Then you're left with a chicken and egg scenario. Did the losing cause the dysfunction? Or, did the dysfunction cause the losing? Bottom line, you need a true CEO head coach if you want to sustain success.

uconnjack8

Nothing would make me happier than an Esgles loss this weekend followed by enough turmoil that Kelce and Lane Johnson decide to retire.   

nb587

Quote from: Doc16LT56 on January 12, 2024, 06:57:33 PMThis is why I worry about Daboll's temperament long-term. Winning solves everything until it doesn't. Then you're left with a chicken and egg scenario. Did the losing cause the dysfunction? Or, did the dysfunction cause the losing? Bottom line, you need a true CEO head coach if you want to sustain success.
What type of CEO would you call Belichick?

Doc16LT56

Quote from: nb587 on January 12, 2024, 10:37:07 PMWhat type of CEO would you call Belichick?

Here are a couple videos I recommend if you have the time. Michael Lombardi has forgotten more football than I'll ever know. I also recommend his books.

One of the points Lombardi makes often on his podcast is that the league has focused on hiring talented coordinators as head coaches at the expense of leaders. Being a great head coach is about much more than gameplans and play calling. It's about having a vision, articulating that vision, and commanding the room in a way that others want to follow you. It's similar to the criteria that companies should be looking for when hiring a CEO.

https://youtu.be/VM5mcyiMdoI?si=pdGFU34egJX-ACJx

https://youtu.be/LAkHZ7hQgtk?si=HgIfRuCJZYqT6WrK

Bob In PA

Quote from: uconnjack8 on January 12, 2024, 05:48:41 PMI thought the physical injury might knock Brown out of the playoffs, not a bruised ego.
uconn: In case your post escaped the attention of anyone, I'm re-posting it. So true. lol
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

MightyGiants

I suspect Howie's trade to get AJ Brown could be seen in a very different light if the Eagles are forced to trade Brown away for pennies on the dollar after two seasons.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE