News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT- interesting Eagles development

Started by MightyGiants, January 12, 2024, 02:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 13, 2024, 08:54:57 AMI suspect Howie's trade to get AJ Brown could be seen in a very different light if the Eagles are forced to trade Brown away for pennies on the dollar after two seasons.

Even if the situation between Brown and the Eagles is contentious and he insists on a trade, why would it be pennies on the dollar? Given he's one of the short list of best receivers in the league and not old, wouldn't multiple teams be interested, hence a competitive bidding process?

Jclayton92

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 13, 2024, 10:26:09 AMEven if the situation between Brown and the Eagles is contentious and he insists on a trade, why would it be pennies on the dollar? Given he's one of the short list of best receivers in the league and not old, wouldn't multiple teams be interested, hence a competitive bidding process?
Most teams in the league wouldn't hesitate to give a 1st and 3rd for him tomorrow.

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

spiderblue43

More evidence that Siriani is baked. AJ   has been in pout mode for a month. They need him back on board happy to stay relevant. He's in his prime and a beast   despite his clichéd diva act.

Hurts needs him in the worst way to just manhandle the ball away from dbs. He cant continue to run and take shots.

Ed Vette

Quote from: spiderblue43 on January 13, 2024, 11:59:23 AMMore evidence that Siriani is baked. AJ   has been in pout mode for a month. They need him back on board happy to stay relevant. He's in his prime and a beast   despite his clichéd diva act.

Hurts needs him in the worst way to just manhandle the ball away from dbs. He cant continue to run and take shots.
What do you think his end game is?
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

spiderblue43

AJ thinks he's always open. His end game is probably to force a trade. Maybe it's the position that creates this kind of drama all over. But he's fed up with the current staff- that's obvious.

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 13, 2024, 10:26:09 AMEven if the situation between Brown and the Eagles is contentious and he insists on a trade, why would it be pennies on the dollar? Given he's one of the short list of best receivers in the league and not old, wouldn't multiple teams be interested, hence a competitive bidding process?

It's possible, but I would think the majority of teams would recognize the pattern.  The Titans got rid of him, now the Eagles would need to get rid of him.   So why spend a fortune on other team's headaches?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 13, 2024, 02:08:59 PMIt's possible, but I would think the majority of teams would recognize the pattern.  The Titans got rid of him, now the Eagles would need to get rid of him.   So why spend a fortune on other team's headaches?

Perhaps the majority of teams wouldn't want him for a very high price, but if he were about to be shopped for "pennies on the dollar" I think multiple teams would be interested and would bid the price up.

Even if he is a bit of a diva, he is a tremendous player, and that personality type kind of goes with the territory at that position. Lots of teams are used to it.

Also, I have absolutely no idea what the particulars of that situation are. If he indeed angry with the team, perhaps he has a legitimate beef. The Eagles aren't exactly the classiest organization in the league.

SUPERSEE

their RPO attack's been solved .. he's middle of the road like the rest of 'em.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GordonGekko80

Siriani is an idiot. Simple as that.

I remember his "vocal" walk off in Arrowhead after they beat the Chiefs... Was probably even the last game they played decently from then on. And look what's been happening in the last couple of weeks...

And btw, I absolutely enjoyed how the 49ers grounded them. The demonstration of dominance and the proof that if Purdy was able to play in the NFC Championship last season, they would've beat them without question.

4 Aces

I usually hate picking up ex-Eagles players but I would love to land A.J. Brown.

Bob In PA

Quote from: spiderblue43 on January 13, 2024, 12:37:05 PMAJ thinks he's always open. His end game is probably to force a trade. Maybe it's the position that creates this kind of drama all over. But he's fed up with the current staff- that's obvious.
spider: IMO, WR's like AJ are extremely rare.  The combination of speed and size is almost "unfair" to a defense.  He is indeed always "open" in the sense that if he's "even" with a sole defender you just throw him the ball and he'll catch it 80-85% of the time, and almost every other time he knows how to stop the defender from getting an INT. I think one of the Eagles' greatest blunders this yr was failure to throw the ball to him enough. It is true he got more double-coverage and other "trick" defenses designed to deter the QB from doing so, but for a guy like that you just shut off your brain and do it. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Philosophers

What I dislike about Nick S is that he walks like he won 2 SBs and built his team from scratch.

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 12, 2024, 02:12:19 PMhttps://x.com/NFLNotify/status/1745858510762770733?s=20

Rich: I'll take a crack at explaining this. 

First, Brown seriously believes (probably with good reason) his team can't win this week without him.

Second, he's aware the Eagles don't want to pay him to stay -or- he doesn't want to stay for because he will get more money elsewhere next year -or- he knows the Eagles won't be contending again in the near future and he wants to get a ring -or- a combination of any or all of these factors.

Combining all of the above, the bottom line is that he sees no path to being an Eagle next year... so he deleted all of his Eagles-related posts. It's not personal... just business.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!