News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT- interesting Eagles development

Started by MightyGiants, January 12, 2024, 02:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TDToomer

Quote from: Bob In PA on January 14, 2024, 11:38:17 AMRich: I'll take a crack at explaining this. 

First, Brown seriously believes (probably with good reason) his team can't win this week without him.

Second, he's aware the Eagles don't want to pay him to stay -or- he doesn't want to stay for because he will get more money elsewhere next year -or- he knows the Eagles won't be contending again in the near future and he wants to get a ring -or- a combination of any or all of these factors.

Combining all of the above, the bottom line is that he sees no path to being an Eagle next year... so he deleted all of his Eagles-related posts. It's not personal... just business.

Bob

Didn't the Eagles already extend him with a big contract after the trade?
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

uconnjack8

Quote from: TDToomer on January 14, 2024, 12:10:39 PMDidn't the Eagles already extend him with a big contract after the trade?

Eagles extended him 4 years.  He is under contract through 2026.  His cap hit next year is 12m.  That hit balloons over the
Next 2 years to 25m, then 41m.