News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

WR or TE at pick 6

Started by sooners56, January 14, 2024, 03:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

At pick 6,  both in their prime. Who do you pick?

Odell Beckham Jr
9 (39.1%)
Travis Kelce
14 (60.9%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Voting closed: January 17, 2024, 03:12:36 PM

Doc16LT56

Quote from: sooners56 on January 14, 2024, 05:13:37 PMYou may just want to skip over this post and find a post more to your liking. But anyways, I thought it was obvious but I guess not. OBJ and Kelce are known commodities which is why I used them as examples. I feel like Nabers is an OBJ clone and Bowers is a Kelce clone.
I thought it was a fairly straightforward question. If Nabers reaches his ceiling (OBJ) and Bowers reaches his ceiling (Kelce), which would you rather add to next season's offense. It's a legitimate question.

madbadger

Quote from: Philosophers on January 14, 2024, 05:16:39 PMAsk Mahommes that question as their TE seems to work wonders for that offense.

I think it is another great option for a QB.  There are always more options than what we think when we look at the draft.

Bowers is strictly a pass catching tight end. Kelce adds value in the running game. Not saying that tight ends are unimportant but that the best X receivers add more value than the best tight ends. The franchise tag for either position confirms how the league values each position.

Philosophers

Quote from: madbadger on January 14, 2024, 06:22:01 PMBowers is strictly a pass catching tight end. Kelce adds value in the running game. Not saying that tight ends are unimportant but that the best X receivers add more value than the best tight ends. The franchise tag for either position confirms how the league values each position.

I agree about X WR having more value but I think Bowers will be a decent blocker and has a greater likelihood of being a top than Nabers does.  I say that because I am leas sure Nabers won't become a diva.

madbadger

Quote from: Philosophers on January 14, 2024, 08:55:59 PMI agree about X WR having more value but I think Bowers will be a decent blocker and has a greater likelihood of being a top than Nabers does.  I say that because I am leas sure Nabers won't become a diva.

Agree on Nabers, that's why I prefer Oduze and Coleman. I think both of those guys pair perfectly with Robinson and Hyatt while bringing something neither posses. I wouldn't complain about Bowers but I prefer the other two.

GloryDays

My best scenario, considering we need to upgrade at least 5 new starters, preferably through the draft, we should trade down 5 to 10 spots to add another 2nd round pick, plus one other pick. With the mid 1st, we should get OT JC Latham and with the extra second we can probably get WR Ladd McConkey. Let's say the other pick is a 5th; we could use that to get a very underrated QB Michael Pratt or TE Ben Sinnott.
Three great upgrades instead of one.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Philosophers on January 14, 2024, 05:16:39 PMAsk Mahommes that question as their TE seems to work wonders for that offense.

I think it is another great option for a QB.  There are always more options than what we think when we look at the draft.

OTOH, so did Tyreek Hill.  IMO, football is a game of individuals, not positions.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

MightyGiants

I think it's important to consider the value not in raw terms of each player's contributions but rather in terms of net contribution.  That is the contribution of each player minus what an average player in that position would produce.

That is why I voted for Kelcy; he is just so far ahead of the pack at TE (compared to OBJ at WR) that his value to me is clearly superior.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

I do believe the Giants are in a great spot at 6.  There is no top shelf talent drop off.

As Madbadger wrote, they should land a very complimentary player potentially at WR to line up with what they already have in Robinson and Hyatt.

My one hope is that they dont swing for a QB who they reach for and flips when they could have landed a coveted producing stud player. 

4 Aces

Is this question in relation to Brock Bowers?

Curious to get others' opinion on him. I do not see a special player but I appear to be the only one. I'd be dubious spending a top 10 pick on him. He's listed at 6'4" but I'll be curious to see his measurements at the Combine.

To me, he looks like kind of a run-of-the-mill move TE in the NFL.

sooners56

Quote from: 4 Aces on January 15, 2024, 09:54:04 AMIs this question in relation to Brock Bowers?

Curious to get others' opinion on him. I do not see a special player but I appear to be the only one. I'd be dubious spending a top 10 pick on him. He's listed at 6'4" but I'll be curious to see his measurements at the Combine.

To me, he looks like kind of a run-of-the-mill move TE in the NFL.

The question basically boils down to would you rather have a stud WR or a stud TE. I believe both will be available at pick 6 (Nabers, Odunze, etc) or Bowers. I would pick the WR, Nabers or Odunze, over the stud TE (Bowers)
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!