News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The Dallas Cowboys Love ‘em or Hate ‘em

Started by Ed Vette, January 14, 2024, 07:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

I would guess if you asked Giants fans which team they hate the most, the Dallas Cowboys would top the list.

Most of their fans can travel poorly and are obnoxious and boorish in our house. They have a good percentage of fans who are fair weather and bandwagon. If you're a casual fan, you pick the guys in the white hats. Even the bragging, Texas Style with the "How 'bout dem Cowboys", can get under the skin of other teams fans.

If you can look past that, the franchise has a rich history of great teams and great players and coaches.

Some hate Jerry Jones because he's an involved owner who's a billionaire and it's easy to hate the owners because the perception is that they're greedy. But he built one of the best Stadiums in the League and he packs the team with talent. Passionate and by far... their biggest fan.

I gotta feel sorry for the man. Again embarrassed and this time in his own house. He's getting up there in age and although he doesn't change his HC's as impulsively as most owners, I don't see Mike McCarthy surviving this year.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MagicRat

Quote from: Ed Vette on January 14, 2024, 07:31:46 PMI would guess if you asked Giants fans which team they hate the most, the Dallas Cowboys would top the list.

Most of their fans can travel poorly and are obnoxious and boorish in our house. They have a good percentage of fans who are fair weather and bandwagon. If you're a casual fan, you pick the guys in the white hats. Even the bragging, Texas Style with the "How 'bout dem Cowboys", can get under the skin of other teams fans.

If you can look past that, the franchise has a rich history of great teams and great players and coaches.

Some hate Jerry Jones because he's an involved owner who's a billionaire and it's easy to hate the owners because the perception is that they're greedy. But he built one of the best Stadiums in the League and he packs the team with talent. Passionate and by far... their biggest fan.

I gotta feel sorry for the man. Again embarrassed and this time in his own house. He's getting up there in age and although he doesn't change his HC's as impulsively as most owners, I don't see Mike McCarthy surviving this year.

No.
Smell my cheese you mother!

Trench

I don't feel sorry for him at all. I'm laughing they won't show the owners box on tv

MagicRat

Sorry, call me petty, call me small minded, but watching Jones sat in hos box with his face tripping him, I feel nothing but Schadenfreude.

goNets

I can't imagine feeling sorry for Jerry Jones

MagicRat

Quote from: Trench on January 14, 2024, 07:39:01 PMI don't feel sorry for him at all. I'm laughing they won't show the owners box on tv
They've just showed him.
It made me happy

MagicRat

Quote from: goNets on January 14, 2024, 07:39:45 PMI can't imagine feeling sorry for Jerry Jones
Mussolini, he had the trains run on time

Ed Vette

I completely get it and I don't disparage anyone for hating the Cowboys or Jerry Jones.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Trench

BluesCruz

Quote from: Ed Vette on January 14, 2024, 07:31:46 PMI would guess if you asked Giants fans which team they hate the most, the Dallas Cowboys would top the list.

McCarthy might have saved his job if they get closer
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

DaveBrown74

I don't hate Jerry Jones at all. He's a patriotic American, a great businessman, and a passionate football guy. Plenty to admire there.

Do I feel sorry for him though? No, not at all. I don't feel sorry for John Mara either.

BluesCruz

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 14, 2024, 07:46:21 PMI don't hate Jerry Jones at all. He's a patriotic American, a great businessman, and a passionate football guy. Plenty to admire there.

Do I feel sorry for him though? No, not at all. I don't feel sorry for John Mara either.

Mara should be on the phone to Belichick, Vrable, Carroll, and Harbaugh
Id take any of them over Daboll
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

spiderblue43

Yeah..I feel so bad for Jerrah...in a pig's eye. That was the highlight of the year for me.

:ok:

Messiah717

Regardless of the coach and the talent the common denominator in the losing is Jerry Jones.