News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The Dallas Cowboys Love ‘em or Hate ‘em

Started by Ed Vette, January 14, 2024, 07:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimc

How sad that we (including myself if it's the Eagles) are relegated to revel in the misfortune of others.
- Accumulating knowledge is pointless unless it is used to help someone

BluesCruz

Quote from: jimc on January 15, 2024, 07:23:08 AMHow sad that we (including myself if it's the Eagles) are relegated to revel in the misfortune of others.

Well we beat the Packers and gave the Lions and Rams all they could handle

Shows we are creeping up the power ladder
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

jimc

Quote from: BluesCruz on January 15, 2024, 07:35:13 AMWell we beat the Packers and gave the Lions and Rams all they could handle

Shows we are creeping up the power ladder

And beat the Eagles!!!!
- Accumulating knowledge is pointless unless it is used to help someone

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

AZGiantFan

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 14, 2024, 08:11:47 PMhttps://x.com/jordanraanan/status/1746698567698305381?s=46&t=1vcQIN8GqF5J2oLdxEVEJQ

I think Jerry's stunt of putting NFC Championship Game tickets on each player's seat in the locker room in 2007 was seen as unacceptable hubris by the football gods and now the Cowboys are cursed.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Hadron on January 14, 2024, 10:09:35 PMI live in Dallas and regularly speak with local fans. They're tolerable. For business networking purposes, my wife (a Cowboys fan) and I have a Cowboys club membership (which is a glorified country club type deal).

I dislike Eagle fans of all sorts. Philadelphia is a bleep-hole and their fans?  :sick:

I agree.  I was at the 2016 opening day game in Dallas and despite them losing to our heroes me and my family didn't have to take any flak from the fans.  I don't think that would have happened in Philly.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Ed Vette

Quote from: jimc on January 15, 2024, 07:23:08 AMHow sad that we (including myself if it's the Eagles) are relegated to revel in the misfortune of others.
Eagles fans are worse than Dallas fans. I revel in Eagle losses.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

TDToomer

Eagles have the worst fans. Cowboys have the worst media. It's like a nuclear bomb went off at ESPN today. They are spending 90% discussing the Cowboys and barely mentioned the Lions ending their 32 year playoff victory drought or previewing the 2 games today. Even without Skip Brainless they cannot hide their Dallas bias.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

LennG

There is simply nothing finer than to have a shot of Jerrah, at the end of Dallas's losses with that expression on his face.--WTF just happened.

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

bldevil

Quote from: TDToomer on January 15, 2024, 11:06:01 AMEagles have the worst fans. Cowboys have the worst media. It's like a nuclear bomb went off at ESPN today. They are spending 90% discussing the Cowboys and barely mentioned the Lions ending their 32 year playoff victory drought or previewing the 2 games today. Even without Skip Brainless they cannot hide their Dallas bias.
I've been to a few Cowboys games in Texas wearing a Giants jersey.  Would never dream of taking that risk in Philly.

The Cowboy fans at the game, both before and after the Giants got their asses kicked, were pretty good natured.  Some fun ribbing, but that's all.  No one tried to pee on me in the restroom.  And I didn't see any fights anywhere.  Multiple notches up from Philthadelphia.
"17-14 fellas.  One touchdown and we are world champions.  Believe it and it will happen!  17-14 is the final.  Let's go!"  Michael Strahan, with 2:39 remaining in SB42.