News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Which divisional game(s) are you most looking forward to watching

Started by MightyGiants, January 17, 2024, 01:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Now that we got to enjoy seeing our division rivals being sent home early from the playoffs, which of the remaining games are you most looking forward to?  Is there a team(s) that you hope will win it all?

(7) Green Bay Packers at (1) San Francisco 49ers
When: Saturday, 8:15 p.m. ET (Fox)

(4) Tampa Bay Buccaneers at (3) Detroit Lions
When: Sunday, 3 p.m. ET (NBC)

(4) Houston Texans at (1) Baltimore Ravens
When: Saturday, 4:30 p.m. ET (ESPN/ABC/ESPN+)

(3) Kansas City Chiefs at (2) Buffalo Bills
When: Sunday, 6:30 p.m. ET (CBS)
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

No question in my mind the marquee matchup out of all of those is KC at Buffalo. Buffalo did win in KC earlier this year, but it was a close game, and KC obviously had that painstaking OT win against Buffalo a couple years back in KC in the divisional round, which was an incredible game.

I'm frankly interested in all of them. I want to see if Green Bay, after their brilliant showing in Dallas, can put yup a fight and put some fear into San Fran (or possibly even pull a shocking upset). I want to see if Tampa has anything in them or if their big win was more just an Eagles collapse story. I do want Detroit to win that game though, as I'm pulling for them in general.

And then I'm very curious to see if (1) Stroud can play at a high level in Baltimore and (2) if Lamar can shake off his past playoff struggles and perform at a high level in this game as a big favorite.

In short, I can't wait. Divisional weekend is always my favorite.

T200

The reigning champs going on the road to the team they ousted the last two times is indeed the marquee matchup.

The young guns at QB going up against the #1 seeds in each conference are the next two I'm excited about seeing.

I think Detroit will have little trouble with Baker's Bucs.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

uconnjack8

Seeds have held form with one exception.  I agree the KC-Buffalo game is the most intriguing of the week.

I know I have to be wrong somewhere, but I think  all 4 home teams are winning this weekend. I will be very surprised if SF or Baltimore lose.  I won't at all be surprised if either or both of the other games go to the road team. 

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

sooners56

Bucs-Lions game for me. I want one of those teams to win Super Bowl. Bucs because of Baker and Lions because one of my best friends is a die hard Lions fan. Lions fans deserve this for sticking with them for so long. Bills would be my 3rd choice for Super Bowl champs.
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

kartanoman

Definitely Green Bay at San Francisco and KC at Buffalo.

It would be wonderful to see if the Packers can bring the game they brought to Dallas to dismantle the Cowboys. But to take down the 49ers is going to require some smashmouth on both lines and a running game to set Love up for his passing game. On defense, they will have to find a way to neutralize Deebo who will be a difference maker in this game. The only way that happens is their front seven gets after Mr. Irrelevant early and often. But the problem with that is Purdy has a best friend named McCaffrey who is going to open the passing game up for the young man and, if the Packers' secondary can cover Deebo and Ayuk, they still have to deal with that all-world TE who will take the game over. So, how the Packers' defense can frustrate the 49ers' offense is going to be key to this game. The 49ers will be antsy and ready to go and they are destiny's darlings so I think the Pack will keep it interesting, for a while, before they wear down and the 49ers run away with it in the second half.

KC at Buffalo presents a twist in this up-and-coming playoff rivalry in that this will be the first time Mahomes and company visit Western New York's parochial Bills' fans in one of the most inhospitable winter venues in the NFL. I liken this game to the 49ers having to visit the old Giants Stadium in 1985 for the very first home playoff game for the Giants at Giants Stadium. To this day, the banners which read "HOME AFTER 23 YEARS," and "NOTHING COULD BE FINER THAN TO BEAT THE 49ERS" perfectly characterized the day and what was at stake. The 49ers, having beaten the Giants in the 1981 and 1984 Divisional Playoff games, respectively, drew the ire of the Giants and it was finally time for payback. Even the legendary Pat Summerall remarked in his commentary, "This is as loud as I've ever heard this crowd!" The 17-3 triumph was as satisfying as it was fulfilling. It's time for the Bills to have their day in the playoffs against their rivals.

But the other games will be interesting to watch, as well. I see Baltimore and Detroit moving on in both matches with little resistance.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

files58

I was at that playoff game against the Niners in 85'. Really looking forward to KC vs Buffalo. Pack- Niners should play out as most of these similar matchups historically have played out. Niners to win convincingly, but with some pushback by the Pack. Let's see how Stroud stands up to the emotional, and defensive pressures  being on the road @ Ravens. Ravens easily. Detroit beats Tampa. They are home, they're physical, the fans deserve it.

TDToomer

I am rooting for the Lions & Packers in the NFC and Bills & Texans in the AFC. Lions and Bills to end their title drought and I just despise the 49ers and Ravens.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Ed Vette

Besides Bill-Chiefs 2, I'm interested in this Houston team with Stroud.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin