News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Odell Beckham Jr. rip the Giants

Started by brownelvis54, January 19, 2024, 09:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brownelvis54

Is there validity to what he is saying?   

Watch Odell Beckham Jr. rip the Giants over Cleveland trade out of nowhere

Odell remains unhappy about Dave Gettleman trading him

Odell Beckham called out the Giants for trading him to the Browns in 2019
"There's a bit of me that feels like the Giants - and I've said it before - sent me off to Cleveland to die. I could have went to the 49ers, I could have went to the Patriots, I could have went to teams that had a chance to be great and that's not what their desire was. Their desire - you can't tell me that this was the best trade package we could get for you. No, you're desire was to, you know, kind of fu** me over a little bit."

https://gmenhq.com/posts/odell-beckham-jr-rip-ny-giants-over-cleveland-trade-out-of-nowhere-01hmery7nt8s
The KING is in the building

brownelvis54

He also speaks about the boat trip

Ex-Giants WR Odell Beckham finally explains career-derailing boat trip

Ravens wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. is reflecting on his time with the Giants.

In particular, he's looking back at the infamous boat trip, which many point to as the reason New York lost 38-13 to the Packers in Beckham's only playoff appearance with the team in 2017. The three-time Pro Bowler caught just four passes for 28 yards in the game, and depending on how tough you wanted to grade "drops," had anywhere from one to three of those.

https://www.nj.com/giants/2024/01/ex-giants-wr-odell-beckham-finally-explains-career-derailing-boat-trip.html

brownelvis54

Beckham explained his biggest regret was that he let the fallout from the infamous boat photo strip him of his confidence heading into the wild-card matchup.

"When the picture came out, the energy — I'm a huge energy person ... everybody around me, even in my own self, I felt like we had lost," Beckham said during an appearance on the "Punch Line" podcast, hosted by his teammate Marlon Humphrey.

"I had the best week in practice, I didn't let it bother me, tried to dance it off ... but deep down inside something had felt wrong. The attention had been shifted from the New York Giants versus the Green Bay Packers to this boat story.

https://nypost.com/2024/01/18/sports/odell-beckham-reveals-biggest-regret-of-giants-boat-photo/

madbadger

The owner of the franchise gives you a hefty pay raise in spite of all your bizarre behavior on the sidelines and you repay that kindness by giving an interview with a rapper where you refuse to say that you enjoy playing in NY and for the Giants. If he wants to know why the Giants shipped him off to Cleveland he should look in the mirror.

Ed Vette

I absolutely do believe that Gettleman did that as a FU send off. Not that he didn't deserve it. He got a nice contract and his behavior was disrespectful and disgraceful. He is a nice guy and was loved and he screwed up his own career. Such a shame. What he could have been. But the Giants were screwed up too.

You know... he talks about energy and it's a real thing. Negative energy is contagious and it carries on back and forth. Look at the current drama. Once someone stops it and ends the cycle, it opens the door for positive energy.

Unfortunately, he's learned nothing.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Giant Obsession

What a narcisstic overhyped ingrate.

I bet playing on our field also lead to the weakening of his ACL and that injury.

What's it been 5 years and still bellyaching.

Dead to me.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

Doc16LT56

At the end of the day Gettleman had to retire in disgrace. Meanwhile, OBJ has collected $100 million, has a championship ring, and is competing for a second ring. He's no longer an alpha dog on offense but when he retires he can be proud of what he accomplished on the field and he's achieved generational wealth. I don't see the problem.

BlueMoshik

The Giants mishandled OBJ just like they mishandled a lot of things. Nothing much surprising here.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Gmo11

Quote from: Doc16LT56 on January 19, 2024, 11:32:02 PMAt the end of the day Gettleman had to retire in disgrace. Meanwhile, OBJ has collected $100 million, has a championship ring, and is competing for a second ring. He's no longer an alpha dog on offense but when he retires he can be proud of what he accomplished on the field and he's achieved generational wealth. I don't see the problem.

The mishandling of this entire situation was really the first sign to me that gettleman had no idea what he was doing. It was certainly not the last. What OBJ is saying is true regardless of the messenger. The niners were prepared to go much higher for his services and gettleman chose being petty and selfish and putting his own feelings above that of the team. It wouldn't be the last time he did that either.

T200

I tend to let bygones be bygone.

I get the sense from the responses that some think OBJ just voluntarily called out Gettleman and the Giants. Interviews happen all the time and they quite often bring up past situations. This one was no different.

He committed no crimes, obviously has learned and grown, but still has a chip on his shoulder. I'm happy for him and glad he's found success beyond the NYG. Not many former players can say that.

I'm still a fan of his.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Messiah717

Obj is right.  This organization has had its head up its ass for over a decade.

Painter

He claims that the Giants purposely f**cked him by trading him to the Browns instead of "I coulda been a contender." Really? Then good on them because he's been the same BSing fraud ever since. With a 96 catch average his first 3 seasons, is there really any doubt that the Giants would have kept him if he hadn't been a huge pain in the ass? And so, what has Mr. Superstar done for anyone else lately, hmm?

Cheers!

TDToomer

Quote from: Painter on January 20, 2024, 06:00:52 PMHe claims that the Giants purposely f**cked him by trading him to the Browns instead of "I coulda been a contender." Really? Then good on them because he's been the same BSing fraud ever since. With a 96 catch average his first 3 seasons, is there really any doubt that the Giants would have kept him if he hadn't been a huge pain in the ass? And so, what has Mr. Superstar done for anyone else lately, hmm?

Cheers!

Only helped the 2021 Rams win a Super Bowl with a TD in that game and is currently helping the one seed Ravens with the same goal.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Painter

Quote from: TDToomer on January 20, 2024, 06:50:07 PMOnly helped the 2021 Rams win a Super Bowl with a TD in that game and is currently helping the one seed Ravens with the same goal.

Cheerlead for OBJ all you like. That doesn't alter the fact that he's a whiney punk who can't handle the fact that he has been no more than ordinary or even less ever since the Giants ditched him. His Rams TD not withstanding

He is not who he thinks he is, not when he's averaged 33 receptions over the past 3 seasons which is much less than half of what he had with the Browns in 2019 or with the Giants the year before when they decided he wasn't worth the aggravation. Of course, now that he's with a contender, I suppose it could all change as he did catch 1 of the 22 passes the Ravens felt a need to throw today.

Cheers!