News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Which QBs have impressed you in the playoffs?

Started by MightyGiants, January 22, 2024, 09:45:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Who are your top 3 QBs you have seen in the playoffs, in order?  Why did you rank them that way?

1. ?

2. ?

3. ?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

katkavage

Goff has been spectacular. Mahomes is the GOAT. Allen was very good. Stroud for a first year was very good. Mayfield had some nice moments. Jackson played well in the one game. I'll evaluate more after another game. Purdy was the least impressive but he lost Samuel which hurt. All would be a major major improvement on what the Giants currently have now.

MightyGiants

Quote from: katkavage on January 22, 2024, 09:50:29 AMGoff has been spectacular. Mahomes is the GOAT. Allen was very good. Stroud for a first year was very good. Mayfield had some nice moments. Jackson played well in the one game. I'll evaluate more after another game. Purdy was the least impressive but he lost Samuel which hurt. All would be a major major improvement on what the Giants currently have now.

I was impressed by Baker Mayfield as well.  There were a few plays where I thought he got sacked a bit too easily, but I also thought he more than offset that with some pretty special throws/plays
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

The Elite 8 QBs all played very well, save for a bad second half for Jordan Love and a stout Ravens defense confusing Stroud.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

MightyGiants

Quote from: T200 on January 22, 2024, 10:02:27 AMThe Elite 8 QBs all played very well, save for a bad second half for Jordan Love and a stout Ravens defense confusing Stroud.

I thought Love looked more impressive against the Cowboys.   To me, Stroud looked okay, but I didn't see much in the way of special throws or plays (in either game).
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

katkavage

It's pretty clear that you need an elite QB to go forward in the playoffs, with very few exceptions. All these teams have elite or very close to elite QBs.

sooners56

Goff
Jackson
Allen

Goff is super efficient. Jackson just keeps producing. Special long throws by Allen even though his WRs dropped them.
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

MightyGiants

Quote from: katkavage on January 22, 2024, 10:12:51 AMIt's pretty clear that you need an elite QB to go forward in the playoffs, with very few exceptions. All these teams have elite or very close to elite QBs.

It's also clear that just having a really good QB doesn't ensure success

https://x.com/PaulHembo/status/1749449293788811538?s=20

Plus, you have Herbert, Lawerence, and Burrow, who are not even in the playoffs (with Herbert and Lawerence not having been regulars in the playoffs).

In the end, you need a good quarterback, a good head coach (and staff), and a good organization that ensures a high level of talented players.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

JT39

If you look into the playoffs - the position that has been impressive has bee the TEs:

Kelce is Kelce
Kincaid is very good and very under utilized
Laporta is an absolute beast
Njokou - is a very godd TE for Cleveland
The Texans TEs each scored in the first week
Lively is a back up that could start on many teams in the NFL
Kittle is an All-Pro.
Jake Ferguson had 3 TDs.
Friermuth had a big game.

I may be even forgetting more. But knowing we have a guy who gets injured on a daily basis and useless backup, its very discouraging.

MightyGiants

Quote from: JT39 on January 22, 2024, 10:37:04 AMIf you look into the playoffs - the position that has been impressive has bee the TEs:

Kelce is Kelce
Kincaid is very good and very under utilized
Laporta is an absolute beast
Njokou - is a very godd TE for Cleveland
The Texans TEs each scored in the first week
Lively is a back up that could start on many teams in the NFL
Kittle is an All-Pro.
Jake Ferguson had 3 TDs.
Friermuth had a big game.

I may be even forgetting more. But knowing we have a guy who gets injured on a daily basis and useless backup, its very discouraging.

I wanted the Giants to draft Lively
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Quote from: sooners56 on January 22, 2024, 10:30:46 AMGoff
Jackson
Allen

Goff is super efficient. Jackson just keeps producing. Special long throws by Allen even though his WRs dropped them.

I forgot Jackson.  He looked solid in the pocket and is a really special runner.   :ok:
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE