News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Could the solution to the Daboll problems be letting him run the offense?

Started by MightyGiants, January 22, 2024, 09:52:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T200

Quote from: Bob In PA on January 23, 2024, 09:26:15 AMTim: IMO you nailed it. It's a JOB for which you get PAID. And coaching is a TEAM "sport" just like playing ball.

The other guy's trying his best too so that must be taken into consideration by the person listening to the rant.

Your attitude (the correct one, IMO) shows your military background, and as Tom Coughlin emphasized to his team there is a lot to be learned by understanding the "military attitude."  Good post.

Bob
I
Thanks, Bob.

Daboll has a lot of reflecting and changing that he needs to do. He isn't innocent in the split either.

However, there needs to be some give and take in ALL manner of relationships. Wink clearly wasn't willing to work through his issues with Daboll. Daboll was clearly willing to give up something for the betterment of the team (ST and OL coaches being let go) but Wink wasn't.

Coughlin was a great example.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Painter

Whomever and whatever initiated and propagated the incompatibility between Brian Daboll and his former DC, Wink Martindale, it was at best an individual issue or at worst something more systemic.

Either way, it will be up to Daboll to ensure that at all times his role is to serve the organization and team's best interests. That may require wisdom gained from self-reflection as was so with Tom Coughlin who understood that the only success is that of the team.

In any case, let us not assume more than we should in our eagerness to solve a problem not of our making if indeed one should prove to actually exist. And if it does, we know what will be its solution.

Cheers!

Bob In PA

Quote from: Painter on January 23, 2024, 11:29:25 AMWhomever and whatever initiated and propagated the incompatibility between Brian Daboll and his former DC, Wink Martindale, it was at best an individual issue or at worst something more systemic.

Either way, it will be up to Daboll to ensure that at all times his role is to serve the organization and team's best interests. That may require wisdom gained from self-reflection as was so with Tom Coughlin who understood that the only success is that of the team.

In any case, let us not assume more than we should in our eagerness to solve a problem not of our making if indeed one should prove to actually exist. And if it does, we know what will be its solution.

Cheers!

Larry: Bravo. I see it as just one more test for Schoen. No more "getting settled into" being a GM. You're a "veteran" GM now, so just do the job. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

MightyGiants

I am not sure this can be framed as a Daboll vs Wink issue.  There are strong indications that Kafka will be gone as well and not for a head coaching job.   Even the Giants' mouthpieces seem to be setting us up for a Kafka departure.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Painter

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 23, 2024, 11:45:21 AMI am not sure this can be framed as a Daboll vs Wink issue.

Nor am I, which is why I suggested that the incompatibility between Brian Daboll and his former DC, Wink Martindale, was at best an individual issue or at worst something more systemic.

Cheers!

MightyGiants

Quote from: Painter on January 23, 2024, 12:27:41 PMNor am I, which is why I suggested that the incompatibility between Brian Daboll and his former DC, Wink Martindale, was at best an individual issue or at worst something more systemic.

Cheers!

I appreciated the clarity of your commentary, Larry. I wasn't thinking of you when I made the comment.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

BluesCruz

Isnt he already running it

last I heard he has had everyone but the water boy calling plays

and it shows.  Sooooooo predictable
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"