News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

How Would you Honestly feel ?

Started by Brooklyn Dave, January 24, 2024, 11:28:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 24, 2024, 02:05:40 PMHere is a Twitter survey (over a thousand responses) addressing this very topic

https://x.com/GiantInsider/status/1750222615623418267?s=20
But they weren't required to be honest about it.  /sarcasm/
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

PSUBeirut

I'm actually hoping now that he goes to a team that'll take advantage of what he has to offer and that he goes bananas.  He's a great player and teammate and he deserves better than what the Giants can give him.

Of course, that opens a GIANT hole at RB that will then need to be filled in the draft, but it is what it is.  The guy deserves a better fanbase and a fresh start.

TDToomer

I don't know whether or not to take some of these comment seriously or not so I won't quote anyone.

Barkley is not going to the Cowboys, full stop. They have Tony Pollard who is a free agent coming off the franchise tag. If they don't want him at 27 years old why would they want Barkley at the same age?

Trading Barkley to Dallas? How? He would need to be tagged and traded. Wouldn't Dallas just tag Pollard and save the draft pick?

Philly has Swift who was 5th in the NFL in rushing plus Gainwell. Why on earth would they want to add Barkley to that mix at whatever he is demanding. They can just tag Swift. 
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

T200

Quote from: PSUBeirut on January 25, 2024, 09:03:12 AMI'm actually hoping now that he goes to a team that'll take advantage of what he has to offer and that he goes bananas.  He's a great player and teammate and he deserves better than what the Giants can give him.

Of course, that opens a GIANT hole at RB that will then need to be filled in the draft, but it is what it is.  The guy deserves a better fanbase and a fresh start.
I agree with everything except the better fan base. For the most part, Giants fans have welcomed and appreciated 26. But we've also been realistic about his injuries, penchant for not hitting the hole aggressively, and potential price tag.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on January 25, 2024, 08:26:59 AMBut they weren't required to be honest about it.  /sarcasm/

One of my pet peeves is the use of "honestly" when you mean "frankly."   To me, the subtext of "honestly, I think..." is that you don't always tell the truth.  I much prefer "frankly" or "to be blunt" as it doesn't imply other incidents where one is less than honest.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Fletch

I would be OK with it. I have come 180 degrees on Barkley from not really thinking he was a tough runner and too many whiffs on pass blocking , to being a dynamic player and pretty much the focal point on offense. At the same time the Giants are just not a good football  team to justify what Bark is going to get paid. The coaching ; talent ; QB have just not been here to feel bad about Bark leaving.

DaveBrown74

Not upset at all. I have posted exhaustively on this subject (not just Barkley but 2nd RB contracts in general) so I'll spare everyone my going through it all again.