News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT Chiefs star Kadarius Toney is ruled OUT of AFC Championship game

Started by brownelvis54, January 27, 2024, 09:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brownelvis54

Out, injured and personal reasons.

Chiefs star Kadarius Toney is ruled OUT of AFC Championship game against the Ravens due to 'personal
reasons'

And more

Kadarius Toney's Kansas City future is cloudy, at best

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/kadarius-toneys-kansas-city-future-is-cloudy-at-best

I get the feeling it's their way of phasing him out.
The KING is in the building

Doc16LT56

I'll give Schoen credit for cashing out in time on this player. He brought back a 3rd and 6th round pick. Toney is completely worthless by now.

It's hard to believe a first round pick could lose so much value in only 3 years. Never mind the opportunity cost of trading the pick that could have brought back an All Pro edge rusher or right tackle. Thank Gettleman for that one.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Doc16LT56 on January 27, 2024, 10:49:32 PMIt's hard to believe a first round pick could lose so much value in only 3 years.

He was well practiced in this skill already (see De'Andre Baker, whom he traded assets to move up into the first round to get).

Worst NFL GM since Matt Millen.

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

kartanoman

Congratulations in order for Toney who became a dad to a bouncing baby girl; hence, the personal reason.

Peace.

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

Philosophers

Quote from: Doc16LT56 on January 27, 2024, 10:49:32 PMI'll give Schoen credit for cashing out in time on this player. He brought back a 3rd and 6th round pick. Toney is completely worthless by now.

It's hard to believe a first round pick could lose so much value in only 3 years. Never mind the opportunity cost of trading the pick that could have brought back an All Pro edge rusher or right tackle. Thank Gettleman for that one.

Yet somehow we drafted him and missed completely his immaturity.  How is that possible?

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 28, 2024, 12:14:22 PMhttps://x.com/devindoob/status/1751649505005502660?s=46&t=1vcQIN8GqF5J2oLdxEVEJQ

Amusing and sad at the same time. I have a few other thoughts but I'll just keep them to myself.

Bottom line, if you're a wide receiver and you couldn't make it work on a team with Patrick Mahomes as the QB, Andy Reid as the playcaller, and a solid offensive line, then I really don't know what to tell you.

Ed Vette

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 28, 2024, 12:22:22 PMAmusing and sad at the same time. I have a few other thoughts but I'll just keep them to myself.

Bottom line, if you're a wide receiver and you couldn't make it work on a team with Patrick Mahomes as the QB, Andy Reid as the playcaller, and a solid offensive line, then I really don't know what to tell you.
Did you understand WTH he said? I don't speak Joka Hype.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Ed Vette on January 28, 2024, 12:27:29 PMDid you understand WTH he said? I don't speak Joka Hype.

No, other than a few choice words/phrases here and there.

The rest might as well have been Chinese.

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: Ed Vette on January 28, 2024, 12:27:29 PMDid you understand WTH he said? I don't speak Joka Hype.

It was a massive struggle but all I could understand is that he's not injured and all the talk of a hip or ankle injury is rubbish.

But crikey, listening to that was exhausting.

Painter

I can't help but repeat what I have said many times since they first showed Toney on Draft Day standing in the middle of his family's living room hiding behind that dumb friggin hoodie, namely - Gettleman, you're an idiot. And in both cases, I was right, much to my regret.

brownelvis54

There are three careers that come to my mind that are a young persons career

Hooker/stripper
Rapper
Professional athlete

Toney chose two of those careers in the form of professional athlete in wannabe rapper. If you think about it, he's not gonna be in the NFL for no more than three years maybe shorter. The Super Bowl ring he might be a curse in the long run. Sad to say he's gonna be sitting in an apartment probably broke, and every time he looks at that ring it's gonna be a painful reminder of what could've been. It's clear to me he has the speed and talent to do quite well in the NFL and the young kid flushed it all down the toilet as he gets older saying his 40s and 50s every time he looks at that ring assuming he doesn't pawn it for money will be a reminder of what could've been
The KING is in the building