News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Tyrod could be back

Started by MightyGiants, February 02, 2024, 11:26:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Considering this reporter reports what the Giants want to be reported, it's worth noting

https://x.com/GiantInsider/status/1753454152116519261?s=20
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

I'm sure he will. With his injury history however, that might lower his market value at his age. He might get it with a team drafting a QB who needs a mentor but 5 MM is steep. I'd rather have him than Tommy DeVito.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Best QB on the team last year, and he is familiar with the system. I don't see why it wouldn't be at least a consideration.

Brooklyn Dave

I would prefer Gardner Minshew

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on February 03, 2024, 12:06:54 AMBest QB on the team last year, and he is familiar with the system. I don't see why it wouldn't be at least a consideration.

I would say the reason you wouldn't consider him is Taylor's glaring inability to stay healthy even for just a series
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on February 03, 2024, 07:55:06 AMI would say the reason you wouldn't consider him is Taylor's glaring inability to stay healthy even for just a series

That is certainly the reason why I would prefer to look elsewhere. In the unlikely event that we draft a rookie who is projected to start in 2024 (either right away or at some point during the season), I'd be more open to Taylor. If we're just running it back with Jones and DeVito again and we need a stable veteran, then forget it.

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on February 03, 2024, 08:30:22 AMThat is certainly the reason why I would prefer to look elsewhere. In the unlikely event that we draft a rookie who is projected to start in 2024 (either right away or at some point during the season), I'd be more open to Taylor. If we're just running it back with Jones and DeVito again and we need a stable veteran, then forget it.

The challenge, from the Giants' perspective, is that free agency occurs before the draft.  So it's tough to sign the sort of FA QB you feel bet fits the situation without knowing how the draft shakes out.  Although, it seems to me that all FA QBs are snatched up right away, and there usually are a few serviceable ones still available post-draft.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on February 03, 2024, 08:37:19 AMThe challenge, from the Giants' perspective, is that free agency occurs before the draft.  So it's tough to sign the sort of FA QB you feel bet fits the situation without knowing how the draft shakes out.  Although, it seems to me that all FA QBs are snatched up right away, and there usually are a few serviceable ones still available post-draft.

That's true, and it's a good point.

I don't really want Taylor back for the same reasons you don't. I actually think the front office agrees. I remember in one of the press conferences Schoen said something like "we'll certainly consider him", and it kind of came across that their real feeling was the opposite of that.

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on February 03, 2024, 08:52:27 AMThat's true, and it's a good point.

I don't really want Taylor back for the same reasons you don't. I actually think the front office agrees. I remember in one of the press conferences Schoen said something like "we'll certainly consider him", and it kind of came across that their real feeling was the opposite of that.

Outside of the Ronnie Barnes discussion if our GM cared a bit more about how injury prone a player is, maybe we wouldn't always be leading the league in injuries
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on February 03, 2024, 09:04:26 AMOutside of the Ronnie Barnes discussion if our GM cared a bit more about how injury prone a player is, maybe we wouldn't always be leading the league in injuries

So much for tough, smart, and DEPENDABLE.

Giant Obsession

GREAT.

Daniel Jones back.

Tyrod back.

HC Sparky back.

Where do I get in line for my medium Pepsi.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

T200

I think it's a smoke screen.

The Giants currently have 3 QBs on their roster. Surely they're not going to draft a 4th QB.

Or are they???
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

DaveBrown74

Quote from: T200 on February 05, 2024, 09:47:13 AMThe Giants currently have 3 QBs on their roster.

But zero good ones.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74