News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Tyrod could be back

Started by MightyGiants, February 02, 2024, 11:26:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on February 10, 2024, 01:16:40 PMWho? Tyrod?

Tyrod is a good backup.

As for Daniel Jones, I know you and others here don't like him, but Phil Simms (who knows a thing or two about QBs) had this to say about him

"He definitely has starting NFL talent," he said. "That's the one thing I'll argue against as long as you want."

https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2024/02/08/phil-simms-believes-new-york-giants-should-show-patience-daniel-jones/?taid=65c78f8470a0d90001c89b34&utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=twitter
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

BluesCruz

the guy must be getting flyers from AARP by now

he is old and fragile, not to mention the cement head audible to run Barkley on the goal line

THEN run Barkley to the right on the goal line in another game and throw it at the middle of his backside in another game losing catastrophe

I would not trust his judgement to be a crossing guard

Why would we want to play Tommy who won 3 games
threw 8 TD passes in 5 starts and only 2 INTs despite a propensity to throw the ball long?

I like Tyrod but he is expensive and will likley get hurt on the opening day 1st drive....much like Aaron Rodgers

I give up :doh:
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

BluesCruz

Quote from: MightyGiants on February 10, 2024, 02:02:00 PMTyrod is a good backup.

As for Daniel Jones, I know you and others here don't like him, but Phil Simms (who knows a thing or two about QBs) had this to say about him

"He definitely has starting NFL talent," he said. "That's the one thing I'll argue against as long as you want."

https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2024/02/08/phil-simms-believes-new-york-giants-should-show-patience-daniel-jones/?taid=65c78f8470a0d90001c89b34&utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=twitter

Simms has a virtual love affair with Penix and I dont see anyone boarding his train on that one. Good QB, questionable QB appeciation

Having said that I like Penix too but I only really watched him in the Semi Final game

Michigan was a slaughter
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on February 10, 2024, 02:02:00 PMTyrod is a good backup.

When you say that I don't like him, you make it sound like it's personal. That is not fair at all if that's what you mean. I have done nothing but praise his character traits. I don't think he's a particularly good QB, but that doesn't mean I don't like him.

Anyway, as I have stated a couple of times in the last several weeks I'm done with the Jones debates for the most part. After five years of it, it's just not a topic I find particularly interesting or controversial anymore. My firm view is we very much need a new young QB on this team, even though I know it's very possible that may not happen in this offseason. I will leave it there.

spiderblue43

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on February 10, 2024, 01:16:40 PMWho? Tyrod?

Tyrod, yes. Was better (Cutlets too) than the godawful DJ, probably the worst starting qb last year. Backups around the league outplayed him... Flacco off his couch..etc.

brownelvis54

Quote from: Ed Vette on February 02, 2024, 12:21:58 PMI'm sure he will. With his injury history however, that might lower his market value at his age. He might get it with a team drafting a QB who needs a mentor but 5 MM is steep. I'd rather have him than Tommy DeVito.

Ed, Jake Browning, Joshua Dobbs, Gardner Minshew or kick the tires on Sam Darnold....might be better options
The KING is in the building