News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants promote 3 coaches

Started by shadowspinner0, February 07, 2024, 04:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowspinner0

Mike Kafka will have assistant head coach duties added to his role as offensive coordinator. Secondary coach Jerome Henderson will also be the defensive passing game coordinator, and quarterbacks coach Shea Tierney will take on the additional role of offensive passing game coordinator.

https://twitter.com/art_stapleton/status/1755334817846120760

MightyGiants

Funny, I had been thinking that they needed to give Henderson the passing game  coordinator title.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

LennG

Kadka did such an extraordinary job as OC this past year he gets promoted.  GEEEEZZZZZ.

:boooo:  :boooo:  :boooo:  :boooo:  :boooo:  :boooo:  :boooo:  :boooo:
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Jclayton92

Quote from: LennG on February 07, 2024, 07:54:05 PMKadka did such an extraordinary job as OC this past year he gets promoted.  GEEEEZZZZZ.

Gotta remember what he was working with.

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: LennG on February 07, 2024, 07:54:05 PMKadka did such an extraordinary job as OC this past year he gets promoted.  GEEEEZZZZZ.

Giants are grooming him to get those two extra 3rd round picks  :ok:
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Trench

So far what I see is

Boring play calls.
Boring D.
Boring staff.

jimc

Quote from: Trench on February 07, 2024, 09:22:24 PMSo far what I see is

Boring play calls.
Boring D.
Boring staff.

.......as long as it leads to wins.....who cares!!!
- Accumulating knowledge is pointless unless it is used to help someone

MightyGiants

As I said, I thought that it would be nice to give Henderson a promotion since they didn't give him the DC job.  I think this works double because the new DC Bowen's biggest weakness in Tennesee is how he deployed his DBs.  If these two strangers hit if off, there can be real synergy with a savvy older coach in Henderson teaming up with a young coach who rose up the ranks early.

I think Kafka's title is honorary and it was just a way to give him something so he isn't bitter about not being allowed to leave and because he might not be calling plays this season.

I think Tierney's promotion was part of his grooming to become the next OC
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Gmo11

They won 3 straight games with Tommy Devito. They could give him a statue at the stadium for that achievement.

GloryDays

Quote from: Gmo11 on February 08, 2024, 02:01:54 PMThey won 3 straight games with Tommy Devito. They could give him a statue at the stadium for that achievement.

We wont forget that painful loss against the Jets with the pathetic play-calling that led to it.

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: MightyGiants on February 08, 2024, 08:11:03 AMAs I said, I thought that it would be nice to give Henderson a promotion since they didn't give him the DC job.  I think this works double because the new DC Bowen's biggest weakness in Tennesee is how he deployed his DBs.  If these two strangers hit if off, there can be real synergy with a savvy older coach in Henderson teaming up with a young coach who rose up the ranks early.

I think Kafka's title is honorary and it was just a way to give him something so he isn't bitter about not being allowed to leave and because he might not be calling plays this season.

I think Tierney's promotion was part of his grooming to become the next OC

I like your thinking and I hope you're right about Henderson and Bowen becoming a tandem to defensive prowess!
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Gmo11

Quote from: GloryDays on February 08, 2024, 02:15:35 PMWe wont forget that painful loss against the Jets with the pathetic play-calling that led to it.

Not to get off on a rant here but...They should have won!  If they go for it on 4th and 1 they win.  If they had a kicker with 2 working legs they win. If the defense can keep Zach Wilson from completing two consecutive deep balls they win!  None of that was Kafka's fault.  Devito had 0 reps in his NFL life prior to that game.  Two QBs go down against a bad team that can't score points.  The ONLY way they were going to lose that game (or so we thought) was if Devito did something stupid.  So they didn't let him. 

MagicRat

Quote from: jimc on February 08, 2024, 08:03:57 AM.......as long as it leads to wins.....who cares!!!
This.
One of my favourite games ever ended 17-14 (a game, I'm sure, that ranks pretty high with most of you).

I don't care how we win, gimme double digits Sept to Dec and a red-hot January, couldn't give a flying furry one if we average 15 points per game.
Smell my cheese you mother!