News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

One thing the Giants are failing to do, but well run organizations do

Started by MightyGiants, February 08, 2024, 10:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

There is one clear sign (beyond a team's record) that shows they are a well-run organization.   That sign is that their front office and coaching staff are constantly being raided (for promotions, not lateral moves), and the team does a lot of promoting from within.

The Giants seem to favor nepotism and cronyism in their hiring, and as a result, they are generating precious little in the way of home-grown talent.   The guys that might be hired away for promotions weren't guys the Giants brought in on the ground floor (and they worked their way up).  They hired Kafka from KC, and they got Brandon Brown from the Eagles.   Mara and Tisch have got to break that friends and family mindset when hiring.  They need to start hiring based on merit and qualifications (they should also hold that standard along with production for current staff).   Mom and pop mindset isn't going to cut in when you are competing with other multi-billion dollar companies.

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

What are some examples of nepotism and cronyism over the past four Head Coaching hires starting with McAdoo and has there been any turnaround since Schoen has been hired?

Recently Daboll fired his O line Coach from Buffalo and Wink's Cronies. Are those hires an example?

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on February 08, 2024, 10:47:19 AMWhat are some examples of nepotism and cronyism over the past four Head Coaching hires starting with McAdoo and has there been any turnaround since Schoen has been hired?

Recently Daboll fired his O line Coach from Buffalo and Wink's Cronies. Are those hires an example?

The coaching hires I am referring to are the low-level hires, the coaches below the position coaching ranks.  If you are doing a good job with the low-level coaching hires, you should see them filling some of the position coaching vacancies. 
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Hadron

What coordinators left the Giants for head coaching gigs since 2000?

John Fox and Spags?

Payton spent years in Dallas before getting the Saints job.

I can't remember anything of the sort in the front office.

Painter

There can be no argument that the Giants (the Maranation) have been the quintessential example of nepotism- has there ever been a time without a family member in the FO?- and GM cronyism even in the post-George Young era from Accorsi to Reese to Gettleman.

Whether or not it is thought to have been a cause-and-effect liability, and whether it still is in effect today albeit less visibly is a matter of opinion, I suppose. One thing is certain, for me at least, I don't ever again want to see Johnny on the practice field in tee-shirt and shorts with or without a whistle around his neck.

Cheers!