News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

One thought depressed me as I watched the best battle it out in the SB

Started by MightyGiants, February 13, 2024, 08:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

The Giants are not even in the same weight class as the best teams in the league.  :(
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

EDjohnst1981

madbadger

The difference between the Giants and those two teams is that the other two have found pro bowl players and/or excellent starters in the 3rd, 4th and 5th rounds. Until we can start finding players like Kelce, Kittle, Samuels, Chenal, etc with consistency we won't be competitive with the top teams.

I know it's been beaten to death by me and others but it's incredibly toxic to have people in your personnel department whose primary qualification for the job is a genetic connection to Wellington Mara.

squibber

Quote from: madbadger on February 13, 2024, 08:32:35 AMThe difference between the Giants and those two teams is that the other two have found pro bowl players and/or excellent starters in the 3rd, 4th and 5th rounds. Until we can start finding players like Kelce, Kittle, Samuels, Chenal, etc with consistency we won't be competitive with the top teams.

I know it's been beaten to death by me and others but it's incredibly toxic to have people in your personnel department whose primary qualification for the job is a genetic connection to Wellington Mara.

Anyone else thinks Chenal should wear #5 jersey? 😀

MightyGiants

They often say that the NFL is a copycat league.  Yet that game showed that there is no secret formula.  Solid talent and great coaching are what got both teams to the big game and ultimately won the championship.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Sem

Quote from: squibber on February 13, 2024, 10:38:33 AMAnyone else thinks Chenal should wear #5 jersey? 😀
Sadly. I had him going to the Giants in many of the mock drafts I played with.

GloryDays

Personally, I believe with 6 high quality replacements at RT, OG, WR, TE, DT, DE, plus a better depth or competition at QB and CB, this team can compete with the top teams.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: GloryDays on February 13, 2024, 04:31:57 PMplus a better depth or competition at QB

Meaning all we need to do at the QB position is get better backups?

GloryDays

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on February 13, 2024, 04:40:23 PMMeaning all we need to do at the QB position is get better backups?

Yes, I still stick by DJ, for at least another year. With a decent O line and two better targets to throw to, DJ can do a much better job... my opinion of course.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: GloryDays on February 13, 2024, 04:53:38 PMYes, I still stick by DJ, for at least another year. With a decent O line and two better targets to throw to, DJ can do a much better job... my opinion of course.

Ok understood. Obviously I differ, but it would be great if you end up being right.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on February 13, 2024, 05:02:07 PM

At least the Pats and Commanders will have one of Maye, Daniels, or Williams leading their offenses. That at least gives you some hope and upside.

But hey, they didn't have Cutlets mania for three weeks last year!

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on February 13, 2024, 05:20:03 PMAt least the Pats and Commanders will have one of Maye, Daniels, or Williams leading their offenses. That at least gives you some hope and upside.

But hey, they didn't have Cutlets mania for three weeks last year!

I wonder where the Giants would be if they had traded away Barkley and McKinney at the deadline.  Likely top 3 in the draft and two more day two picks (or at least a day 2 and a high day 3)
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

katkavage

Quote from: MightyGiants on February 13, 2024, 05:21:24 PMI wonder where the Giants would be if they had traded away Barkley and McKinney at the deadline.  Likely top 3 in the draft and two more day two picks (or at least a day 2 and a high day 3)
The Giants are not a forward-looking organization. They don't understand that sometimes you have to go backwards before you go forward.

Jclayton92

We should have hit the reset after the playoff game, I just don't still see how everyone thought that retaining Barkley, Jones, etc was going to be fruitful even after 2022.

We got brutalized by the Eagles in that playoff game yet everyone ignored it acting like the Minnesota game was the final game and not us looking like a pee wee team.

Think how much better off we'd be right now without Jones, Barkley, and Waller dead weight. Yes I know Barkley isn't signed but there's going to be a ground swell to sign him which is dumb, great reams don't sign old running backs period, yet we'll end up giving him even more money to run backwards and get injured.