News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Trade Proposal

Started by Rosehill Jimmy, February 13, 2024, 03:09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosehill Jimmy

I think it's Schefter ( or one of the other Insiders) who is reporting that the Bears are asking for an "historical haul" for the #1 pick.  In return, Chicago is asking for #6 and  both second rounders in 24; first rounder in 25 and 26 plus Slayton.

Would you make this deal?  I wouldn't
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

President Rick

no  no  no  no   no.  for whom?  some 50-50 bust?  No Way.
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Sem

T200

I don't advocate violence but someone needs to be dropkicked in the nads for that suggestion.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Woody

Quote from: Rosehill Jimmy on February 13, 2024, 03:09:48 PMI think it's Schefter ( or one of the other Insiders) who is reporting that the Bears are asking for an "historical haul" for the #1 pick.  In return, Chicago is asking for #6 and  both second rounders in 24; first rounder in 25 and 26 plus Slayton.

hell no

madbadger

Last year the bears dropped from first to ninth overall and got far less.

"They sent the No. 1 selection in the 2023 draft to the Panthers in exchange for receiver DJ Moore, 2023 first- and second-round picks, a 2024 first-round choice and a 2025 second-round pick."

I'd laugh and hang up on them if they made that offer.

files58

NO WAY! At this time the Bears should ask for the sky, and a planet or two. It's the right thing to do right now. If they can wait it out the interested GM's should not bite and make the Bears show what they want to do with Fields. The Bears have all the leverage right now. Somehow you have to mitigate it some.

GloryDays

Quote from: Rosehill Jimmy on February 13, 2024, 03:09:48 PMI think it's Schefter ( or one of the other Insiders) who is reporting that the Bears are asking for an "historical haul" for the #1 pick.  In return, Chicago is asking for #6 and  both second rounders in 24; first rounder in 25 and 26 plus Slayton.

Plain STUPID if our GM sacrifices the team to jump up a few spots, for -----, anyone, but here we dont even have a clear #1!!!

katkavage

It's early. Evaluations will change everything.

DaveBrown74

No, but I wouldn't get off the phone with them either. I'd keep the conversation going. That's just an opening gambit.

DaveBrown74

Maybe this is the story (Rapoport)?

https://www.nfl.com/news/bears-would-need-historic-compensation-to-trade-no-1-overall-pick-in-2024-nfl-draft

Rapoport is generally pretty trustworthy. Moreso than Schefter, who has made some big mistakes before. I don't know where that hypothetical with the Giants came from though.

killarich

Id be sick and depressed if we did that

Gmo11

When you have a prospect like Caleb Williams available you should demand a haul.  Somebody may well pay it.  I don't want the Giants to do it.  I love Williams.  He's one of my favorite QBs coming out in recent memory.  But there's no way a team like the Giants can pay that type of price for him.  They're not good enough.

sooners56

Easy yes! I can't trust Schoen drafting the right players anyways, so might as well trade them all away in a trade for the best QB in recent memory!!!! Giants will be Super Bowl bound in 2 years with Williams hoisting the SB MVP trophy 🏆 Would you give up Barkley, Thibs, Andrew Thomas, Wandale Robinson, Xavier McKinney for Patrick Mahomes? I would.😎
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!