News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Where do you see Joshua Ezeudu playing in 2024 and beyond?

Started by brownelvis54, February 17, 2024, 04:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brownelvis54

No secret our O-line needs to be fixed. Seems like we have been saying this for years. Joe Schoen clearly knows this, in fact his career could be, and should be cut short if he can't fix what his predecessor could not do either. So, what do you think of Joshua Ezeudu? Injured in week 6 this past season and from what I heard, his surgery went well. He is only 24 years old. Where do you see him moving forward? Can he be a starter or do you think he will be a backup? He has history of playing both LG and LT. Any chance he could be our RT?

The KING is in the building

brownelvis54

This is a good review of 3 of our young players on the line. Week 2

Bobby looks at 3 players with JMS, Marcus Mckethan, and Joshua Ezeudu to review how they did and what needs to be done to improve.

DaveBrown74

I thought he looked better at LT than he did at LG. I know that's not saying much, but I remember him being not that awful at LT. At least that was the case in a game or two. That doesn't mean he was good, but I remember liking him more at OT than what I saw at OG, which was pretty brutal.

brownelvis54

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on February 17, 2024, 04:50:34 PMI thought he looked better at LT than he did at LG. I know that's not saying much, but I remember him being not that awful at LT. At least that was the case in a game or two. That doesn't mean he was good, but I remember liking him more at OT than what I saw at OG, which was pretty brutal.

Dave, you think he could play RT? Hopefully our new O-line coach can get the best out of the players we have. Left Tackle and Center are set. The rest of the positions need to be addressed. McKethan has 35" arms and graded out with the longest wingspan in the 2021 draft, if he can clean up his game perhaps he could be our long term answer at RG? And Joshua Ezeudu, maybe LG? Neal who knows.

LT: Thomas
LG Neal or Joshua Ezeudu
C: JMS
RG McKethan
RT Joshua Ezeudu,/ McKethan,/ Neal

One more option to RT (like I have said before) Free Agent Jermaine Eluemunor, he played for the Raiders, and is an affordable option to RT

Ed Vette

When he was drafted, I saw him as a Swing Tackle. He didn't receive any reps or training at this level and was thrown to the wolves in an emergency.

I don't see him as a Guard. I don't know if he can develop past a backup. It remains to be seen where they move him. I think they will like his Pugh factor for versatility.

Still, he needs structure and direction. He has a ways to go.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Quote from: brownelvis54 on February 17, 2024, 06:44:49 PMDave, you think he could play RT? Hopefully our new O-line coach can get the best out of the players we have. Left Tackle and Center are set. The rest of the positions need to be addressed. McKethan has 35" arms and graded out with the longest wingspan in the 2021 draft, if he can clean up his game perhaps he could be our long term answer at RG? And Joshua Ezeudu, maybe LG? Neal who knows.

LT: Thomas
LG Neal or Joshua Ezeudu
C: JMS
RG McKethan
RT Joshua Ezeudu,/ McKethan,/ Neal

One more option to RT (like I have said before) Free Agent Jermaine Eluemunor, he played for the Raiders, and is an affordable option to RT

I really don't know. If we are assuming Neal is a bust, then I'd probably prefer to see them draft an OT with one of the first three picks, but if they think he can do it then I'm not closed to it obviously. My guess is the opinions of our new O line coach will carry a lot of weight with Daboll and Schoen.

MightyGiants

I see him on the trainer's table.  If he actually stays healthy I am not sure he rises above backup
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

I never understood the pick from the get-go. I remember reading the morning after the draft that Ezeudu "needed some developmental work" but had upside.

To me, that description should not apply to an OG taken near the top of the third round. That's a day three player to me. If I'm taking a guard 67th overall, my expectation will be that he'll be at least a serviceable starter as a rookie.

There's no way I can prove this obviously, but I have a feeling we could have waited at least one round with fairly high conviction that this player would have still been on the board.

Ed Vette

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on February 17, 2024, 08:04:24 PMI never understood the pick from the get-go. I remember reading the morning after the draft that Ezeudu "needed some developmental work" but had upside.

To me, that description should not apply to an OG taken near the top of the third round. That's a day three player to me. If I'm taking a guard 67th overall, my expectation will be that he'll be at least a serviceable starter as a rookie.

There's no way I can prove this obviously, but I have a feeling we could have waited at least one round with fairly high conviction that this player would have still been on the board.
The expectation was for him to be a LG starter by mid-season. It was more of the fans expectations, but who knows. 
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

brownelvis54

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on February 17, 2024, 08:04:24 PMI never understood the pick from the get-go. I remember reading the morning after the draft that Ezeudu "needed some developmental work" but had upside.

This is not my post. I took it from another poster, but he is right

Giants took Ezeudu at #67 (3rd round) Raiders took OG Dylan Parham at #90 (3rd round).

Parham had a 60.1 PFF grade / Ezeudu had a 42.4 grade.

Jclayton92

I think we grab 2 guards in FA so I think he'll be on the bench but would prefer him get reps at swing.