News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Anyone want Pugh back?

Started by MightyGiants, February 18, 2024, 03:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

nb587

Quote from: MightyGiants on February 18, 2024, 03:20:09 PMhttps://x.com/rydunleavy/status/1759258799322386554?s=46&t=1vcQIN8GqF5J2oLdxEVEJQ
I'm not sure if Pugh fits the bill.  But, I would like to see the Giants sign a Mike Remmers type veteran who can play RT at a respectable level if Neal does not step up.  That type of guy would come cheap.  I dont think they will draft over Neal this year with a high pick and we need a back up plan if Neal screws up.  Pugh, or someone like him, could do it.

EliWasrobbed

Pugh was cringe defending Jones all season.

if we really can't find any better options I suppose, but Pugh is the height of mediocrity.
I don't preview my posts. I AM THE POST.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Saquon defender. Jones hater. Giant forever.

"live strong and prosper or devolve"

Drake Maye enthusiast.

Giant Obsession

Dear lord hen Pugh and Richburg were here the first time what did they accomplish  ??

Did we fight to resign them  ?

What kind of a shagri la is this team running ??  Is the training camp food that good  ??

Can we hire scouts that beat the bushes and really work to discover even marginal NFL talent that will at least have youth on its side.

"Knee finally healthy"   ...  good for him.  That will last about 3 days into camp.

I want youth and health.  Not Pugh and Waller and any other scrapile player looking for a payday when they realize what the real world is like.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

killarich

As depth I dont think its any denial he would serve a purpose. Plug and play at many positions if a starter is injured

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

To retire a Giant? Yes. To play, he's past his prime and choice.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

I thought Pugh was terrible from what I saw last year. I have no interest in him playing for us again.

nb587

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on February 18, 2024, 04:24:34 PMI thought Pugh was terrible from what I saw last year. I have no interest in him playing for us again.
I posted above that I would like to see them sign a veteran for RT.  Not necessarily talking Pugh but there's guys around who could help.  In terms of Pugh playing terrible last year, I'm pretty sure he went from the couch to starting on one of the worst lines in the game.  He's playing a position that requires teamwork and coordination.  Wasn't exactly put in the right place to succeed with no trading camp and a revolving set of line mates.  I think you should take that into account.  May end up with the same conclusion but .....

DaveBrown74

Quote from: nb587 on February 18, 2024, 04:34:54 PMI posted above that I would like to see them sign a veteran for RT.  Not necessarily talking Pugh but there's guys around who could help.  In terms of Pugh playing terrible last year, I'm pretty sure he went from the couch to starting on one of the worst lines in the game.  He's playing a position that requires teamwork and coordination.  Wasn't exactly put in the right place to succeed with no trading camp and a revolving set of line mates.  I think you should take that into account.  May end up with the same conclusion but .....

I watched him get beaten consistently. He simply looked bad, period. And he's not a spring chicken. He's a banged up, older lineman who will turn 34 before week one of the upcoming season. We only signed him because we were in dire straits. I think you should take that into account.

Sem

I like Pugh and appreciated his willingness to get off the couch and try to help the Giants. While he may have been a good teammate and possibly a mentor to the younger guys, I just don't think he's got enough in the tank to be a benefit. If the Giants are to improve, especially along the O-Line they have to bring in better players with more upside.