News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NFC East teams prognosis

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, April 29, 2024, 03:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

IMHO, it's going to come out like this

Eagles
Giants
Cowboys
Commanders

Eagles: about the same as last year...maybe some improvement, but nothing radical. Still not Super Bowl ready, but the team to beat in the division

Giants: improving with dynamic offensive players and solidified defense, but still young. Heading in the right direction with speed and depth...a year or two away from being highly feared

Cowboys: going in the wrong direction after losing key players and saddled with very expensive Dak, and a patchwork OL with aging vets and error-prone rookies. Taking Zeke back tells you just how desperate they are on the offensive side. They could end up last in the division if Commanders are quick studies

Commanders: in a couple of years, they might very well be the team to beat in the NFC East. They are going to have a lot of up 'n coming rookies that make mistakes this year, as well as breaking in a new QB. But they are heading in the right direction, and they aren't going to be bottom feeders in a year or two

Just my opinion. Anyone see it differently?

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

katkavage

Of course it is. It's still April. And we all are so objective after the draft.

kartanoman

The question still remains ...

Have the Giants CLOSED THE GAP on their DIVISION RIVALS?

What does that truly mean? It's pretty simple, actually.

Take the Cowboys and Giants lines (i.e. both offensive and defensive) and stand them up against each other. Are the Giants now able to compete against them any better than 0-41? To a man, I have to see it to believe it and I know there's a significant coaching variable in there as well to be accounted for. That's my measuring stick.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

LennG

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on April 29, 2024, 03:59:53 PMIMHO, it's going to come out like this

Eagles
Giants
Cowboys
Commanders

Eagles: about the same as last year...maybe some improvement, but nothing radical. Still not Super Bowl ready, but the team to beat in the division

Giants: improving with dynamic offensive players and solidified defense, but still young. Heading in the right direction with speed and depth...a year or two away from being highly feared

Cowboys: going in the wrong direction after losing key players and saddled with very expensive Dak, and a patchwork OL with aging vets and error-prone rookies. Taking Zeke back tells you just how desperate they are on the offensive side. They could end up last in the division if Commanders are quick studies

Commanders: in a couple of years, they might very well be the team to beat in the NFC East. They are going to have a lot of up 'n coming rookies that make mistakes this year, as well as breaking in a new QB. But they are heading in the right direction, and they aren't going to be bottom feeders in a year or two

Just my opinion. Anyone see it differently?

Far be it from me to defend the Cowgirls, but if anyone thinks we are a better team than them is just silly. On paper and the game isn't played on paper, they are head over head better than us.
They have maybe the best defensive player in the league, and they have maybe the best WR in the league, even as bad as some want to make Dak he is way better than Jones. They have a better ground game than us, and I would take their 'aging' OL over whoever we have right now except for Thomas. They have a couple of very good TEs. How anyone can put us ahead of them as of now, is just silly.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

ralphpal1

I think.washington also.got.very good
The weapons are very good
The Giants and washington is still the 2nd tier
The big question is
Did people.see how to.play against dallas from.the.packers lost

Symphony Steve

Three of the four teams in the division at least have a plan.

I think the Eagles' roster has gotten better, especially turning the defensive backfield from liability into arguably a strength.

I like that the Giants didn't panic after a lost season, and continued to build a promising young roster. 

I much prefer what Washington did in the draft to what they did in free agency, which looked like the football equivalent of a nostalgia tour.

It seems obvious that Dallas simply does not know how to manage the salary cap.  They've demonstrated stunning ineptitude since the end of the season.  How do you end up capped out with arguably your three least replaceable players in line for new contracts?  Even a normal rash of injuries, which every team has to some extent, will doom them this year.

MightyGiants

The Eagles did their usual excellent job with plenty of accolades (although they didn't really address the loss of some key veterans)

The Cowboys seemed to have gotten worse, with RB being a big question mark

The Commanders are better on paper, but it remains to be seen on the field.  The team is likely going to need a season or two to become competitive.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE