News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NFL.com's Lance Zeirline's scouting reports are up

Started by MightyGiants, February 21, 2024, 02:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

madbadger

He doesn't seem to like this class very much. Not a single prospect has a future pro bowl grade. I'm sure everything will change after the combine and pro days but I'm a little surprised. I think there is at least 5 pro bowl caliber players that will go in the top 10 picks.

Ed Vette

He had Nabers over Harrison slightly. I think it's close too. He has Penix very low. I don't understand the Boom or Bust language when below it has starting caliber players. Seems it should be Boom or JAG. Some team is going to take Brock Bowers in the mid to bottom of the first and get an excellent player.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

madbadger

Quote from: Ed Vette on February 21, 2024, 02:57:55 PMHe had Nabers over Harrison slightly. I think it's close too. He has Penix very low. I don't understand the Boom or Bust language when below it has starting caliber players. Seems it should be Boom or JAG. Some team is going to take Brock Bowers in the mid to bottom of the first and get an excellent player.

I think it's akin to putting an asterisk on a players grade. His profile isn't that much different than Mitch Trubisky. Good size, great arm, but...... In fairness to him he had different coordinators and systems his junior and senior years. That will affect any quarterback even a great one.

MightyGiants

I rarely look at his number grades.  I like the bios (he hasn't finished them yet) and his actual scouting reports.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Dov Kleiman
@NFL_DovKleiman
NFL releases their highest-graded prospects for this year's draft:

1. WR Malik Nabers (6.86)
2. WR Marvin Harrison Jr. (6.83)
3. QB Caleb Williams (6.76)
4. TE Brock Bowers (6.75)
5. WR Rome Odunze (6.74)
6. QB Jayden Daniels (6.73)
7. DL Jared Verse (6.71)
8. OT JC Latham (6.70)
9. DE Chop Robinson (6.70)

The grading scale:

8.0: The perfect prospect
7.3-7.5: Perennial All-Pro
7.0-7.1: Pro Bowl talent
6.7-6.9: Year 1 starter
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

I can see Nabers over Harrison, Jr.  I want the power forward.  I have a certain former Giants WR in mind.  Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

sooners56

Interesting that they seem to think none of the players are Pro Bowl talent. I would disagree wholeheartedly
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

DaveBrown74

I like having Zierlein's scouting reports as something as a "home base" guide to any given class, but I wouldn't describe him as someone who ever really deviates much from the chalk view on players. His reports are reasonably comprehensive, but he is seldom against the consensus. That doesn't mean his content is not helpful, but if you're looking for someone with original takes or who likes to go out on a limb on players, he is not the guy I'd look to for that.

Rosehill Jimmy

Quote from: Bob In PA on February 23, 2024, 01:50:59 PMI can see Nabers over Harrison, Jr.  I want the power forward.  I have a certain former Giants WR in mind.  Bob

Mr Nicks?
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"