News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Neal to guard?

Started by MightyGiants, February 27, 2024, 10:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Or they plan to draft a high OT and this is just a "feint" in the other direction.

You can't believe much of what is said prior to free-agency and the draft, and I wouldn't look to read into any public remarks about anything at this time of year.

Remember what AZ said about Rosen before they drafted a QB (and I believe someone here pointed out yesterday how their recent display of confidence in Murray could be taken the same way.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

MightyGiants

Quote from: Bob In PA on February 27, 2024, 11:02:33 AMOr they plan to draft a high OT and this is just a "feint" in the other direction.

You can't believe much of what is said prior to free-agency and the draft, and I wouldn't look to read into any public remarks about anything at this time of year.

Remember what AZ said about Rosen before they drafted a QB (and I believe someone here pointed out yesterday how their recent display of confidence in Murray could be taken the same way.

Bob

I have to think that Neal's fate is now in the hands of the new O-line coach, Carmen Bricillo.  I have to think he will break down the tape and talk to his assistant O-line coach Chris Smith, and Bricillo will decide if Neal has what it takes to be a RT or if he needs to move inside (or if such a move would prove beneficial)
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

It's the beginning of "Lying Season", that period of time leading up to free agency and the draft. Never know what to believe...every drop of info to the media is almost always a red herring. Take news like this with a hefty grain of salt
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on February 27, 2024, 11:07:55 AMI have to think that Neal's fate is now in the hands of the new O-line coach, Carmen Bricillo.  I have to think he will break down the tape and talk to his assistant O-line coach Chris Smith, and Bricillo will decide if Neal has what it takes to be a RT or if he needs to move inside (or if such a move would prove beneficial)

Rich: If he's still having trouble w/stunts (to name one problem), moving him inside might make things worse.

Just pointing that out, but IMO they will not give up on Neal as a tackle.

Same reason(s) they haven't given up on Jones...  to the seemingly endless frustration of many fans.

Bob

Ed Vette

If Joe Alt is there at six and so are Maye and Daniels, which comment does he backtrack on? He's picking a Receiver?

"We picked the best player available on our board."
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bob In PA

Quote from: Ed Vette on February 27, 2024, 11:12:45 AMIf Joe Alt is there at six and so are Maye and Daniels, which comment does he backtrack on? He's picking a Receiver?

"We picked the best player available on our board."

Never trust a guy whose first and last names together comprise fewer than six letters, all different. lol

Which brings me to the case Bo Nix.

No way the Giants should take him because his name anagrams to... INBOX

Bob