News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants GM Joe Schoen explains why little things matter in scouting

Started by MightyGiants, February 28, 2024, 03:43:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Giants G.M. Joe Schoen joins Mike Florio and Chris Simms to layout how New York has needs "across the roster," how the increased salary cap opens up options, what they look for in players and more. #NBCSports #ProFootballTalk #NewYorkGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

I thought this remark by Schoen (discussing Daniel Jones) was telling.

"we have to consider he is coming off 3 injuries in two years...  that's fact...  we have to address it"
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

One other tibet, Joe Schoen feels the best WRs get that way is their work ethic. So he looks to see how hard they block on running plays (as an indicator)
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: MightyGiants on February 28, 2024, 03:54:35 PMOne other tibet, Joe Schoen feels the best WRs get that way is their work ethic. So he looks to see how hard they block on running plays (as an indicator)

Back to the old "it's a team sport"...you should be in on every play if you're on the field, even when you're not the target. Called smart football. Got to protect the guy throwing the ball, regardless of your position...or springing someone else loose who is the target
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Philosophers

I can't think of a great blocking WR who was not a good WR.  Hines Ward comes to mind.

I think that's smart.