News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

I think far and away this is the number 1 reason the Giants are bad

Started by MightyGiants, March 02, 2024, 10:05:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZGiantFan

Quote from: uconnjack8 on March 03, 2024, 07:49:43 AMOwnership created the drafting system.

Doesn't the NFL have an antitrust exemption that allows this? 
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Painter

If we define bad as not being good, it describes the Giants for the past 10 years, that is for a decade in which they have had just two winning seasons, 7 years apart during which they have averaged a win in a mere 34 percent of their games. Moreover, at least until now as we begin this new decade year, it has yet to make much difference as to who has been GM, HC, OC, DC, QB, RB, WR, Oline, or on the other side playing D.

That is not to say that they haven't had talent just never enough when and where. Whether and when we may we see that change with any sort of consistency is- wait for it- anybody's guess.

Cheers!

expatriot

I agree the OL stunk.  That said, I watched games where folks were open at 3 Mississippi and the QB didn't throw it.  So yeah the line stunk and so did the QB.

MightyGiants

Quote from: expatriot on March 04, 2024, 02:40:11 PMI agree the OL stunk.  That said, I watched games where folks were open at 3 Mississippi and the QB didn't throw it.  So yeah the line stunk and so did the QB.

The pressure was being applied (on average) on Jones on average in an incredibly quick 2.31 seconds (led the league) so those "3 Mississippis" didn't happen very often.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

beaugestus

I believe a big part of the problem was we never knew from week to week was who would be playing on the OL last year. We constantly hear a big reason the OL needs is cohesion, I would think it is pretty hard to do if the man next to you is someone new every week.

B1GBLUE

Quote from: EliWasrobbed on March 03, 2024, 01:52:07 AMtyrod already proved he can make an awful oline look decent compared to horrible tommy and jones. it's a QB issue not a Oline issue

this is an awful take. so he made a few big throws downfield and all was forgotten? sorry.. but they were just as bad with taylor. he was just a littel gutsier and made quicker decisions. the oline was still rotten with him.

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: B1GBLUE on March 05, 2024, 04:33:02 PMthis is an awful take. so he made a few big throws downfield and all was forgotten? sorry.. but they were just as bad with taylor. he was just a littel gutsier and made quicker decisions. the oline was still rotten with him.
read the stats bud. Tyrod was about 15th in the league acccording to PFF in terms of responsibility for sacks that were his fault. Meanwhile Jones and Tommy were ranked last and 2nd to last.

Bottom line is if we had Tyrod all of last season, we would have made the playoffs.
I don't preview my posts. I AM THE POST.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Saquon defender. Jones hater. Giant forever.

"live strong and prosper or devolve"

Drake Maye enthusiast.

kingm56

Quote from: EliWasrobbed on March 05, 2024, 06:18:37 PMread the stats bud. Tyrod was about 15th in the league acccording to PFF in terms of responsibility for sacks that were his fault. Meanwhile Jones and Tommy were ranked last and 2nd to last.

Bottom line is if we had Tyrod all of last season, we would have made the playoffs.

No way this team was playoff bound with Taylor.  While DJ has hindered the offense for 4+ seasons, he's hardly to sole problem.   Fundamentally, the Giants lack difference-makers at all levels.  I don't understand how Taylor would overcome a bottom 5 def that couldn't stop the run, or an anemic running game.  BL, the Giants are at best the 3rd most talented team in their division.  2022 was a house-of-cards and anyone who can separate emotions from their analysis could plainly see this was a sub 500 team, whether DJ, Tommy or Taylor was the QB. In short, they stink across the board. 

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: kingm56 on March 05, 2024, 07:01:48 PMNo way this team was playoff bound with Taylor.  While DJ has hindered the offense for 4+ seasons, he's hardly to sole problem.   Fundamentally, the Giants lack difference-makers at all levels.  I don't understand how Taylor would overcome a bottom 5 def that couldn't stop the run, or an anemic running game.  BL, the Giants are at best the 3rd most talented team in their division.  2022 was a house-of-cards and anyone who can separate emotions from their analysis could plainly see this was a sub 500 team, whether DJ, Tommy or Taylor was the QB. In short, they stink across the board. 
how many games were like 1-2 possessions from a win-loss?

i agree the offense in general needs a rehaul bc tyrod's ceiling is low.
I don't preview my posts. I AM THE POST.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Saquon defender. Jones hater. Giant forever.

"live strong and prosper or devolve"

Drake Maye enthusiast.

Ed Vette

The Giants if properly fortified, might be able to catch the Eagles this year.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin