News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

What Can WanDale Become?

Started by Philosophers, March 04, 2024, 05:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philosophers

Heard all these reports coming out about how he was hardest to cover in the SEC.  After this season, I can't get a handle on his ceiling.  Trick plays only, high volume short yardage only WR, consistent intermediate threat, vertical threat, find zone holes to get first down, what exactly?

I liked what he gave us last season, but Is he enough out of that position long term?

Jclayton92

With the right QB he's going to explode.

Philosophers

Quote from: Jclayton92 on March 04, 2024, 05:07:59 PMWith the right QB he's going to explode.

Explode for what is what I am asking.  What he can he ultimately do?

DaveBrown74

I'd say he has a Tyler Lockett ceiling. Which is pretty darn good. His median comp is probably Jamison Crowder in a good year (ie 75/800/6).

kingm56

Quote from: Philosophers on March 04, 2024, 05:21:01 PMExplode for what is what I am asking.  What he can he ultimately do?

With right QB he can become Ike Hilliard type WR; a good, albeit unspectacular, WR who can pickup critical yards.  In a 17-game season he'll approach 1k yard seasons. I don't believe he'll be a top 15 guy as his skill set will limit him.  He needs to stay healthy and be coupled with a high
-volume passer though.  His ceiling is limited in the current paradigm.

kingm56

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on March 04, 2024, 05:42:06 PMI'd say he has a Tyler Lockett ceiling. Which is pretty darn good. His median comp is probably Jamison Crowder in a good year (ie 75/800/6).

That's how I see it too, Jeff.

nb587

Quote from: Jclayton92 on March 04, 2024, 05:07:59 PMWith the right QB he's going to explode.
A better QB would help but he will explode when the Giants have a WR who can scare a defense and has to be accounted for.  I don't think any of the wideouts scare defenses.  Hyatt may become that guy but it's not just speed; John Ross did not do that either.  If Nasir's or Rome can get off the line of scrimmage like the guy on the Jets, he's going to get double teamed and give WanDale the space he needs.  I think WanDales game will be primarily yards after the completion. And, I think it'll be serious YAC. I want to see that alpha WR we haven't had since Beckham.  As an aside, way better than Jamison if healthy

Stringer Bell

Quote from: nb587 on March 04, 2024, 08:10:05 PMI want to see that alpha WR we haven't had since Beckham.

Wan'dale will never be an alpha receiver. Under any circumstances. He's a complimentary piece. And that's fine. All teams need guys like him. But I think the Lockett ceiling is a good comp and best-case scenario. And Lockett was never an alpha receiver.

Jclayton92

Quote from: Philosophers on March 04, 2024, 05:21:01 PMExplode for what is what I am asking.  What he can he ultimately do?
I think he can be Christian Kirk

kingm56

Quote from: nb587 on March 04, 2024, 08:10:05 PMA better QB would help but he will explode when the Giants have a WR who can scare a defense and has to be accounted for.  I don't think any of the wideouts scare defenses.  Hyatt may become that guy but it's not just speed; John Ross did not do that either.  If Nasir's or Rome can get off the line of scrimmage like the guy on the Jets, he's going to get double teamed and give WanDale the space he needs.  I think WanDales game will be primarily yards after the completion. And, I think it'll be serious YAC. I want to see that alpha WR we haven't had since Beckham.  As an aside, way better than Jamison if healthy

That's a good point, NB; I agree he'll benefit from a bonafide X wr.   

nb587

Quote from: Stringer Bell on March 04, 2024, 08:25:44 PMWan'dale will never be an alpha receiver. Under any circumstances. He's a complimentary piece. And that's fine. All teams need guys like him. But I think the Lockett ceiling is a good comp and best-case scenario. And Lockett was never an alpha receiver.

I wasn't saying WanDale will be the alpha receiver.  The guy they draft at 6, whether Makik or Rome, would be the alpha receiver who would draw the coverage

EliWasrobbed

Im a lot higher on him than Hyatt. He can be a great #3 on a super bowl winning team, but needs a real QB.

people say DJ had better development, but no one stunted our skill players careers like Jones has for our WR's (Hyatt, Slayton, Wandale, )
I don't preview my posts. I AM THE POST.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Saquon defender. Jones hater. Giant forever.

"live strong and prosper or devolve"

Drake Maye enthusiast.

Trench

I believe he will make the Pro Bowl. He looks different out there