News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

If all 4 QB were available to Giants

Started by Philosophers, March 07, 2024, 01:14:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

If all 4 QBs were available for Giants at 6

Caleb Williams
16 (38.1%)
Drake Maye
5 (11.9%)
Jayden Daniels
15 (35.7%)
JJ McCarthy
6 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Voting closed: March 09, 2024, 01:14:06 AM

Philosophers

Bob In PA

Good one, Phil. I like Daniels best, but I'll support whomever they take (I hope it's not a QB).

It's THEIR heads on the chopping block, so I'll assume they did what's best for the team (and themselves).

I'm sure they have a plan of attack ready by now and much of their upcoming draft strategy will be revealed by the moves they make (or try to make) during the free-agency process.

Bob

If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

MightyGiants

I voted for McCarthy because I think he is the least risky of the four, but I could have just as easily voted for Maye. I would need more intel about interviews, whiteboard work, etc. to say for sure.

I don't want to draft Caleb because I don't favor boom-or-bust prospects.   Daniels is interesting, but his failure to do measurements at the Combine bothered me, especially as it's possible he is a sub-200 or just over 200-pound prospect.    I am also bothered that he has only a single year of high-quality work and that one year was under ideal conditions, the type he would not have in the NFL.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

We have a number of people on this board so I hope they all vote as it would be great to see where the board overall is leaning.  Like something previously said, whoever they draft at QB if they go that way, I'll be 100% behind.  Same if they don't draft a QB. 

Ed Vette

Interesting. It's an indication that Maye hurt himself by not participating in his Team's Bowl game or the Combine. They lost easily to West Virginia without him. At least by the perception of the fans.

I still took him at this point but that can change.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

T200

:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

President Rick

I voted daniels because there was not an option for NONE.  we have too many other needs and DJ under a huge contract.  There will be qb's in the draft in'25, just in case.
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

kingm56

Quote from: President Rick on March 07, 2024, 01:18:17 PMI voted daniels because there was not an option for NONE.  we have too many other needs and DJ under a huge contract.  There will be qb's in the draft in'25, just in case.

That's the beauty of the rookie salary scale.  It's doesn't matter what position the Giants draft, the cost is directly linked to the draft position...it will cost us the same for a QB as a RT.  Under the old system, there's no way we could afford a QB at 6. 

Given the Giants chances to compete this year are incredibly low, I wouldn't be concerned about spreading the cap among position groups to fortify the roster.  I'd prefer the Giants position themselves for 2025 and beyond, and that means drafting a QB.   Regardless, I get your logic and realize its shared by many. 

I voted for Williams based on upside; if it doesn't workout, I try again in 2 years when DJs contract is off the books. 

DaveBrown74

I voted for Caleb Williams. I recognize he could bust and that there are some red flags. I want the ceiling though. I have been very impressed with his talent and skill set for some time now.

y_so_blu

I voted McCarthy on a gut feeling that he's the right guy. Daniels is my second choice, Maye is my third, and I want nothing to do with Williams.

andrew_nyGiants

I vote for a trade down and a QB on day 2 or 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

sooners56

I chose Caleb Williams.

He has multiple years playing at an elite level.
The offensive talent he played with at USC was not NFL worthy like some of the other QBs listed. Yet he still balled out. He elevated their play.
I have seen Williams single handedly win games (See OU Texas).
His throwing ability while escaping pressure is 2nd to none. Although he threw 3 interceptions against Notre Dame, if you watched the game you would see he played a pretty darn good game, considering he was harrassed the whole time. USC Oline got abused all game. Imo, Williams is going to be a star

Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

DaveBrown74

Quote from: sooners56 on March 08, 2024, 11:40:02 AMI chose Caleb Williams.

He has multiple years playing at an elite level.
The offensive talent he played with at USC was not NFL worthy like some of the other QBs listed. Yet he still balled out. He elevated their play.
I have seen Williams single handedly win games (See OU Texas).
His throwing ability while escaping pressure is 2nd to none. Although he threw 3 interceptions against Notre Dame, if you watched the game you would see he played a pretty darn good game, considering he was harrassed the whole time. USC Oline got abused all game. Imo, Williams is going to be a star

Excellent point about the talent around him at USC. While I'm sure his teammates on offense aren't bad, you're not seeing any of his wide receivers, tight ends, RBs, or OTs going in mocks anywhere in the top 50.

To be fair the same can probably be said about Maye to some extent.

Daniels had studs around him. So did Joe Burrow though. Doesn't mean you're not good.

Woody

I was leaning Daniels until I saw him in street clothes the other day.....if he currently weighs more than 190 right now I would be shocked.
He has a very small build and will get
Killed in NFL .....not sure he can handle the beating every QB has to take

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

spiderblue43

Daniels by a good margin. I don't trust Caleb.. size..attitude..etc. Maye is a project and JJ overrated by some.

JD is as Chris Walken said in his BMW ad..
"100 per cent...electric!!!"

:dance:  :worship: