News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Would you spend a day 2 pick

Started by andrew_nyGiants, March 08, 2024, 08:54:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrew_nyGiants

On Justin Fields and build around him?

Assuming he's that guy, the Giants could trade down 2-4 spots in the 1st, garner several picks, and then spend their 2nd on Fields who would push/replace DJ next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on March 08, 2024, 08:54:28 AMOn Justin Fields and build around him?

Assuming he's that guy, the Giants could trade down 2-4 spots in the 1st, garner several picks, and then spend their 2nd on Fields who would push/replace DJ next season.

Andrew: It sounds like a smart idea, but I don't believe the Giants want him at any cost.

I say this because I'm personally not certain he would be a good fit to the current offense.

Unless they're playing their cards close to the vest, right now it doesn't look like Schoen has any interest.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

uconnjack8

Day 2 definitely no.

He hasn't shown any consistent improvement.   I know some will point to the end of the 2023 season, but he improved the last 6 games of 2022 as well and then reverted back for the beginning of 2023.

T200

I would. I think he's the kind of guy Daboll could work with. He'd have weapons to throw to in Hyatt, Robinson, Hodgins, and Slayton.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

andrew_nyGiants

Quote from: Bob In PA on March 08, 2024, 09:21:24 AMAndrew: It sounds like a smart idea, but I don't believe the Giants want him at any cost.

I say this because I'm personally not certain he would be a good fit to the current offense.

Unless they're playing their cards close to the vest, right now it doesn't look like Schoen has any interest.

Bob
Thanks Bob. I agree not at any cost. But one of their 2 second round picks could make sense.

Using my idea above, if we traded down 2-4 spots in the 1st round, we'd still have a top 10 pick, plus maybe ANOTHER SECOND and a third from the trade down....we would have plenty of resources to build around him.

From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

Ed Vette

I'd give up a third round pick if I wasn't drafting a QB this year. I haven't seen enough of him to have an opinion on whether or not he can become that elite Franchise QB, although I'm inclined to say no because if the Bears are moving on to draft a Calib Williams, that's a red flag.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

andrew_nyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 08, 2024, 09:40:04 AMI'd give up a third round pick if I wasn't drafting a QB this year. I haven't seen enough of him to have an opinion on whether or not he can become that elite Franchise QB, although I'm inclined to say no because if the Bears are moving on to draft a Calib Williams, that's a red flag.
Ed, I understand your POV.

I will simply counter with; while I'm not a scout I've seen a lot of him and I see a lot of talent with the proper support....definitely better and more durable than DJ.

Also, I wouldn't put much stock in Chicago's decisions, they've been worse than us for many years now.

uconnjack8

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on March 08, 2024, 09:43:32 AMEd, I understand your POV.

I will simply counter with; while I'm not a scout I've seen a lot of him and I see a lot of talent with the proper support....definitely better and more durable than DJ.

Also, I wouldn't put much stock in Chicago's decisions, they've been worse than us for many years now.

Not by much, but the Bears have a better record than the Giants over the last decade.

andrew_nyGiants

Quote from: uconnjack8 on March 08, 2024, 10:03:17 AMNot by much, but the Bears have a better record than the Giants over the last decade.
Regular not post season though

uconnjack8

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on March 08, 2024, 10:04:22 AMRegular not post season though

Playoffs?  We're talking playoffs?  For the two worst teams in the conference for the last decade?

files58

No. We need a QB on a full rookie deal.

Ed Vette

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on March 08, 2024, 09:43:32 AMEd, I understand your POV.

Well, I'm not against it. He certainly has physical talent and plenty of arm. I'll defer to you on the rest.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Quote from: files58 on March 08, 2024, 10:09:53 AMNo. We need a QB on a full rookie deal.
The Bears are in the hook for the rest of his 6mm contract.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

uconnjack8

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 08, 2024, 10:23:07 AMThe Bears are in the hook for the rest of his 6mm contract.

That's correct, but if you traded for him say right before the draft are you exercising the 5th year option?  Would have until 5/2 to decide.