News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Sam Darnold should the Giants go after him?

Started by brownelvis54, March 09, 2024, 12:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Brooklyn Dave on March 10, 2024, 10:08:53 AMThe reference ," you "  to Gino Smith was a proverbial ,"you " not meant directly to you.

Fair enough. Since you quoted me directly, I assumed you were speaking to me and making claims about me, but understood if that wasn't the case. Happy to drop it and certainly no hard feelings. Obviously not a big deal.

Quote from: Brooklyn Dave on March 10, 2024, 10:08:53 AMWhile we are at it , my question to you is , if a poster several years back would have asked whether the Giants should try and sign Geno Smith as a backup , what would your answer have been ?

We did have him as a backup briefly, so it's not really a hypothetical. I was neither here nor there at the time. I didn't put much thought into it. Maybe that was because, unlike his successor, Eli never got hurt, but Geno Smith wasn't nearly as bad on the Jets as Darnold was, so I didn't really care, and I don't think it's the most apt comparison myself.

Quote from: Brooklyn Dave on March 10, 2024, 10:08:53 AMAs an aside , where did you come up with Dave Brown 74 as your post name ?

There is no special story there. I'm not a Duke fan (or a hater), but I just remember the Dave Brown days and how brutal they were, and I was pretty defensive of Brown initially. I used to get some friendly flack from my friends about that. I chose it as a name because it's kind of amusing to me personally. No real other reason.

Painter

Let's get serious and try to move forward at least a little bit. Do you need to be told that Darold is not the way to do it. If so, ask the Jets, and the Panthers, who like Our Heroes are really good at "doing the dumb".

Cheers!