News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Russell Wilson signing with Steelers - Giants in desperate need of QB

Started by EliWasrobbed, March 10, 2024, 11:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EliWasrobbed

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1767031634728034531

Nine-time Pro-Bowl QB and former Super-Bowl champ Russell Wilson plans to sign with the Pittsburgh Steelers, per league sources. Wilson will sign a team-friendly, one-year deal in which the Broncos will wind up paying $38 million of his salary while Wilson wears the black and yellow.

---

This confirms to me we will be trading up for a QB or *sigh taking JJ At 6.
I don't preview my posts. I AM THE POST.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Saquon defender. Jones hater. Giant forever.

"live strong and prosper or devolve"

Drake Maye enthusiast.

kingm56

The Giants were never interested in Wilson; so, I fail to see how this deal impacts our draft strategy. 

Brooklyn Dave

Quote from: kingm56 on March 11, 2024, 12:32:21 AMThe Giants were never interested in Wilson; so, I fail to see how this deal impacts our draft strategy. 

Agree

BlueMoshik

JT39

EliWasrobbed

I don't preview my posts. I AM THE POST.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Saquon defender. Jones hater. Giant forever.

"live strong and prosper or devolve"

Drake Maye enthusiast.

uconnjack8

Which team is trading down that will put the Giants in position to draft one of the top 3 QBs?

spiderblue43

Wilson is clearly on the downside of his career. He's the desperate one. Getting a lifeline from the Steelers is not surprising, but will he be able to phone a friend when he gets there later? :D

JT39

madbadger

Quote from: JT39 on March 11, 2024, 08:25:03 AMJust another bash Jones thread. Yawn...

We luckily enough for you it's coming to an end.

Philosophers

EliwasRobbed has to be a new name for BluesCruz or someone else like him.  The similarities of hysteria, no facts just ridiculous opinions and posts matches up perfectly.

kingm56

Quote from: Philosophers on March 11, 2024, 09:27:53 AMEliwasRobbed has to be a new name for BluesCruz or someone else like him.  The similarities of hysteria, no facts just ridiculous opinions and posts matches up perfectly.

Except the opposite end of the spectrum, Joe; BC would still be trying to convince everyone that DJ is a #1 WR away from being Patrick Mahomes.  The title of the thread is absurd; Pitt signing Wilson has absolutely nothing to do with Jones. 

uconnjack8

Quote from: kingm56 on March 11, 2024, 09:47:50 AMExcept the opposite end of the spectrum, Joe; BC would still be trying to convince everyone that DJ is a #1 WR away from being Patrick Mahomes.  The title of the thread is absurd; Pitt signing Wilson has absolutely nothing to do with Jones

Or the future success of the Giants. 

Brooklyn Dave

Quote from: BlueMoshik on March 11, 2024, 04:53:26 AMIt's really no great loss. Wilson seems shot.

I thought the same of Flacco last year but he proved me wrong

uconnjack8

Quote from: Brooklyn Dave on March 11, 2024, 10:01:46 AMI thought the same of Flacco last year but he proved me wrong

I think it could be a good signing for the Steelers.  They have a very good defense and need competent QB play to think about contending.  I think Wilson has declined somewhat, but can still be solid with enough around him. 

Personally, if I were him, I would have been looking to go back to the NFC where he would still be near the top in terms of QBs.  In the AFC he's not even in the conversation for top 5.  I will also say I think it will be interesting to see how he meshes with Tomlin.  He doesn't seem like a guy that is going to let the QB have his own office and think he is above the rest of the team.  Maybe that lesson was learned for Russ, but Denver's willingness to eat 85 million in dead money makes me wonder.