News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Barkley to the Iggles

Started by spiderblue43, March 11, 2024, 02:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coggs

Quote from: uconnjack8 on March 11, 2024, 09:25:16 PMYup Barkley, the best offensive player on the team for the last half decade was the biggest mistake.   

It wasn't taking Daniel Jones over Josh Allen (DE and others) or not drafting Micah Parson or even taking Kadarius Toney over Christian Darrisaw....DeAndre Baker was a much better pick too..it was Barkley that was the worst.
Best offensive player on a team that went 35-65-1 since he was drafted.  His fault or not, this isn't 1992.  Can't have an offense revolving around a RB.

uconnjack8

Quote from: coggs on March 11, 2024, 09:38:51 PMBest offensive player on a team that went 35-65-1 since he was drafted.  His fault or not, this isn't 1992.  Can't have an offense revolving around a RB.

And how did drafting him prevent the Giants from selecting the correct guys over the next few years?  Barkley was the least of the draft issues over a several year span not the worst. 

It wouldn't matter if it was 2022, 1992 or 1922, drafting guys like Toney and Baker over guys like Darrisaw and Deebo hurts.  That's what has killed this team, not drafting a productive RB earlier than they should have.

BlueMoshik

People here are funny and living in a fantasy world expecting professional NFL players to remain "loyal" to teams that don't have any loyalty to any player and will always do what they consider to be in their best interests. If you begrudge SB for going to the Eagles, you have no idea of the reality of the NFL.

As for his future: if he stays healthy, he will absolutely thrive (and probably kill us whenever we play him). But that's a BIG "if".

uconnjack8

Thanks for that picture, I was hoping to throw up in my mouth this morning. :sick:

Doc16LT56

Quote from: killarich on March 12, 2024, 10:25:03 AMhttps://www.instagram.com/reel/C4ZXh4IteDf/?igsh=MWw1dnA0bGNubHFzMg==

He went full heel mode lol
Saquon should take a break from social media. He got his bag. He should just enjoy this accomplishment and stop reading the comments. It's not a good look for him. This reminds me of when LeBron signed with the Heat and leaned into the bad guy character. People aren't going to like you when you leave their team and that's fine. It's part of the business. He needs to grow up and let it go.

killarich

Quote from: Doc16LT56 on March 12, 2024, 11:30:02 AMSaquon should take a break from social media. He got his bag. He should just enjoy this accomplishment and stop reading the comments. It's not a good look for him. This reminds me of when LeBron signed with the Heat and leaned into the bad guy character. People aren't going to like you when you leave their team and that's fine. It's part of the business. He needs to grow up and let it go.

I agree, he did not post often prior unless it was like an ad or something or some kind of event. Now he cant get off of social media and is acting like a victim and sending subliminal at the Giants and those who are upset he left.

WHich is why I said he is going full Heel mode and acting like a scummy "Eagle". He went from being one of the good guys to someone whos acting everyone owes him something.

His farewell to the Giants and the fans was kind of dry too. X waited a day but he sounded more sincere

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

uconnjack8

Switch their teams last year and what would the results look like?

Now Roseman has lost his touch?  Hopefully, but not likely

killarich

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 12, 2024, 11:57:42 AMhttps://x.com/kayvonojulari/status/1767286300250349610?

Before some say "He played more games and had less yards"  He also had 31 less carries ...31 X 4 YAC would have netted him 124 more yards and over 1k .... Thats not including any possible 10 + yard runs or anything

Availability is important as well

AZGiantFan

Quote from: EliWasrobbed on March 11, 2024, 08:17:31 PMand why do you think they had such a bad defense? Because the OFFENSE was never on the field.

The issue is 100% the QB when he is clogging up one quarter of your salary and doing absolutely nothing to help others on the field.

Actually the Giants average TOP was 29:26.  Hardly 'never'.  The defense just stunk because they couldn't stop the run.  Bottom 5 in rushing defensive metrics.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

coggs

Quote from: AZGiantFan on March 12, 2024, 12:24:52 PMActually the Giants average TOP was 29:26.  Hardly 'never'.  The defense just stunk because they couldn't stop the run.  Bottom 5 in rushing defensive metrics.
why let facts get in the way?

PSUBeirut

Guys, let's try and dry these tears up so he has less to drink next year.   =))

EDjohnst1981

Does anyone have the Line grades for last years Texans v Giants. I've looked but don't have PFF sub.

I think that's the telling difference.