News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Xavier McKinney To Packers

Started by Symphony Steve, March 11, 2024, 04:10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Symphony Steve

4 years, $68 mill.

Per NFL Network

EliWasrobbed

- lose Saquon, lose Xavier (BOTH FOR NOTHING!!!!!!!!)
- sign Devin singletary and an overpaid average guard

Why did we not trade either Xavier or Saquon then? Schoen needs to get fired and sent immediately to the XFL. He is worse than Gettleman.
I don't preview my posts. I AM THE POST.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Saquon defender. Jones hater. Giant forever.

"live strong and prosper or devolve"

Drake Maye enthusiast.

killarich

Total rebuild .... damn this offseason sucks

I kind of expected Barkley but this one stings more

ozzie

OK, I'm bummed. I was hoping we would not lose McKinney.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

Ed Vette

Looks like a couple of third round comp picks for 2025.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Stringer Bell

Glad the Giants didn't fork over $70 million for a safety. Not one of the top paid safeties are worth their contracts - in fact, 2 have been cut (Adams and Byard).

killarich

Dane Belton

PLease build on that 2 interception game you had

Giant Obsession

Snowmobile salesmen in the area are rejoicing.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

Trench

I am not upset over this. He was beginning to be a distraction.

DaveBrown74

The Giants should not be getting into bidding wars for non-premium position players. We're in a rebuild, and we have a bad, injury-prone QB who has a $47mm cap hit on our books this year. Unfortunately we can't afford to pay high market prices for non-premium positions.

I wish we weren't in the position we're in, but we are, so it's good that we're at least acknowledging it and behaving accordingly.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

JT39

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on March 11, 2024, 05:42:40 PMThe Giants should not be getting into bidding wars for non-premium position players. We're in a rebuild, and we have a bad, injury-prone QB who has a $47mm cap hit on our books this year. Unfortunately we can't afford to pay high market prices for non-premium positions.

I wish we weren't in the position we're in, but we are, so it's good that we're at least acknowledging it and behaving accordingly.

You nailed it. McKinney wasn't a difference maker. And cost way too much. Things are looking bright after yesterday.

EliWasrobbed

Mark my words, the giants will once again look like fools for not moving him and/or keeping him given his outstanding play. Xavier is the definition of a playmaker such a rare quality on defense from a secondary player.

Those who know know.
I don't preview my posts. I AM THE POST.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Saquon defender. Jones hater. Giant forever.

"live strong and prosper or devolve"

Drake Maye enthusiast.

JT39

He is not an outstanding safety. He graded out below average in over a dozen games last year. He had 0 INTs in 9 games in 2022. And he had 1 INT in the first 16 games last year until he got 2 meaningless ones in a game where the other team wasnt even trying.

Playmaking and McKinney do not go together.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE