News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Future, DJ and QB situation .. How I see this working out

Started by killarich, March 12, 2024, 11:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

killarich

Okay I think this is how the future QB situation with the Giants works out ... a few different possibilities:

1. The easiest, quickest and least of a headache solution .. one of the top 3 drops in this draft .... DJ is cut after this season and we have our QB of the future

2. These all blend together on how I am thinking. The top 3 QB's are most likely gone by 6 and I don't agree and hope they don't reach for a QB outside the top 3 at # 6. I think the Giants go WR at #6 and keep draft picks without trading up. Filling in other needs of the team

With a new O-line coach, some new pieces, maybe Neal moves to Guard or having upgrades next to him helps him improve at Tackle. Topped with a new (Hopefully better) O-line coach the unit as a whole is improved and good to the point where DJ fans cant excuse him anymore. Please note, I am one of those DJ fans so I am not making any digs.

DJ will most likely have to burden all the stress and pressure on his shoulders this season as he no longer has Barkley to lean on. This will lead to 3 possible outcomes that I see happening :

1. The DJ miracle situation, with a #1 WR drafted , better O-line. Wandale and Hyatt a year older and a year removed injury (Wandale). He looks like a legit QB , Waller not quitting and being decent is a bonus weapon at this point , chances of this happening <10%

2. Singleterry shows us the dropoff from Barkley is not that significant, all the other pieces added to the team actually improve the team as a whole but DJ is still the biggest question mark on the team. We either end up sneaking into the playoff or missing out but not top 5 in the draft. So Schoen now has no choice but to trade the first round pick and future assets to get into to position to draft whoever is the best QB or 2nd best QB in next years draft. Yes we give up a massive haul, but because we filled in holes this year via draft and (hopefully) successful free agent signings it will be OK because QB was the main piece anyways , and we fill in a few other pieces via free agency and whatever draft capital we have left. Chances 50/50.

3. The team completely sucks, draft picks are not impactful at least not this season. The free agent signings don't really move the needle with the O-line and Pass rush (at that point Schoen may be gone). This happens and we have top 5 pick in the draft anyways we draft a QB and have other picks to work with. Chances 50/50

These are just my thoughts on how I see things panning out

Unless we get lucky in this draft which is the hope. I think we should just build the team out and figure out the QB situation next season. I think we are more likely to trade up next years draft with a better built team then this draft.

And I know right now the QB prospects next season are nowhere near the quality of this years draft. But I feel like that is something that can and almost always changes.

Jclayton92

Qbs are staying in college longer, not shorter like they used to so we almost always know the Qbs In advance and you're looking at a Sanders, Dart, Ewers Qb class which is bad.

katkavage

Quote from: killarich on March 12, 2024, 11:27:32 AMOkay I think this is how the future QB situation with the Giants works out ... a few different possibilities:

1. The easiest, quickest and least of a headache solution .. one of the top 3 drops in this draft .... DJ is cut after this season and we have our QB of the future

2. These all blend together on how I am thinking. The top 3 QB's are most likely gone by 6 and I don't agree and hope they don't reach for a QB outside the top 3 at # 6. I think the Giants go WR at #6 and keep draft picks without trading up. Filling in other needs of the team

With a new O-line coach, some new pieces, maybe Neal moves to Guard or having upgrades next to him helps him improve at Tackle. Topped with a new (Hopefully better) O-line coach the unit as a whole is improved and good to the point where DJ fans cant excuse him anymore. Please note, I am one of those DJ fans so I am not making any digs.

DJ will most likely have to burden all the stress and pressure on his shoulders this season as he no longer has Barkley to lean on. This will lead to 3 possible outcomes that I see happening :

1. The DJ miracle situation, with a #1 WR drafted , better O-line. Wandale and Hyatt a year older and a year removed injury (Wandale). He looks like a legit QB , Waller not quitting and being decent is a bonus weapon at this point , chances of this happening <10%

2. Singleterry shows us the dropoff from Barkley is not that significant, all the other pieces added to the team actually improve the team as a whole but DJ is still the biggest question mark on the team. We either end up sneaking into the playoff or missing out but not top 5 in the draft. So Schoen now has no choice but to trade the first round pick and future assets to get into to position to draft whoever is the best QB or 2nd best QB in next years draft. Yes we give up a massive haul, but because we filled in holes this year via draft and (hopefully) successful free agent signings it will be OK because QB was the main piece anyways , and we fill in a few other pieces via free agency and whatever draft capital we have left. Chances 50/50.

3. The team completely sucks, draft picks are not impactful at least not this season. The free agent signings don't really move the needle with the O-line and Pass rush (at that point Schoen may be gone). This happens and we have top 5 pick in the draft anyways we draft a QB and have other picks to work with. Chances 50/50

These are just my thoughts on how I see things panning out

Unless we get lucky in this draft which is the hope. I think we should just build the team out and figure out the QB situation next season. I think we are more likely to trade up next years draft with a better built team then this draft.

And I know right now the QB prospects next season are nowhere near the quality of this years draft. But I feel like that is something that can and almost always changes.

This scenario further delays a rebuild. Or...we stay in QB hell.

killarich

Quote from: katkavage on March 12, 2024, 11:53:09 AMThis scenario further delays a rebuild. Or...we stay in QB hell.

I WANT one of the TOP 3 QBs in this draft just seems unlikely

Yes we can reach for McCarthy , but if he ends up like Josh Rosen

We are far worse off then if we would have just drafted Nabers a #1 WR

I just simply don't think we should reach or give up the world .. not this year at lest

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: killarich on March 12, 2024, 11:55:27 AMI WANT one of the TOP 3 QBs in this draft just seems unlikely

Yes we can reach for McCarthy , but if he ends up like Josh Rosen

We are far worse off then if we would have just drafted Nabers a #1 WR

I just simply don't think we should reach or give up the world .. not this year at lest

i would trade our 2nd  and two firsts to trade up for Drake Maye in a SECOND at #3. Patriots might do it.
I don't preview my posts. I AM THE POST.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Saquon defender. Jones hater. Giant forever.

"live strong and prosper or devolve"

Drake Maye enthusiast.