News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The Rebuild Finally Begins

Started by Ed Vette, March 11, 2024, 04:23:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Does anyone think otherwise? Build through the Draft. They may actually sign a decent backup QB and skip drafting one. 
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Giant Obsession

AMEN Ed.  From your lips......
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

EliWasrobbed

Where was this "rebuild" during the season when we looked awful?
I don't preview my posts. I AM THE POST.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Saquon defender. Jones hater. Giant forever.

"live strong and prosper or devolve"

Drake Maye enthusiast.

bamagiantfan

Barkley was my throw the remote draft choice until they drafted Daniel Jones, neither of which have any attachment to the current GM and Head Coach. Barkley lived up to the selection but he can get more elsewhere.

Reboot.
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

bamagiantfan

Quote from: EliWasrobbed on March 11, 2024, 04:32:58 PMWhere was this "rebuild" during the season when we looked awful?

I think you mean "seasons".
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

Ed Vette

Quote from: Giant Obsession on March 11, 2024, 04:28:32 PMAMEN Ed.  From your lips......
They let two of the best players on the team walk for comp picks. Signing frugal FA's so far. It's going to be an interesting Draft. I wouldn't be surprised if they go to the trenches heavily.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Stringer Bell

Extra 2nd rounder this year. Couple of 3rd round comp picks next year. If they can hit on some of these picks, they can add 5 impact starters in the next 2 drafts.

They need to preserve some flexibility for next year's free agency period and just worry about growth and program-building this year.

ViewFromSection129

If this is truly a rebuild, then we really should draft a QB.  Assuming that they like one of the top ones.  This all said, sounds like at least three will go before we pick.  I would rather go for one of the top WRs anyway.  Or maybe trade down if someone offers a lot.  We really need to start to accumulate picks and build this team.  Again. 

Wow this franchise has really fallen a long way.  We have pretty much been a bad franchise for over thirty years now except for a few random years, as well as the early to mid Eli years.  We literally have had losing seasons 50% of the time since SB 25. Not acceptable.

Jclayton92

I like the moves so far, you over pay when your a piece away not 20. I think it was smart to let Barkley and Mckinney go. They would have cost us 110 million at nonprememuim positions. This is smart, the difference in Dane Belton and Mckinney isn't 20 million.

andrew_nyGiants

They're not going anywhere with their QB room as is. I doubt they're taking one high in this draft either.

So it's build up the roster and when all the pieces are in place, top it with a franchise QB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

uconnjack8

If the team flops again this year, will Daboll be around for 2025?  Or is his departure part of the rebuild?

EliWasrobbed

This may be the worst giants team to ever exist next year
I don't preview my posts. I AM THE POST.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Saquon defender. Jones hater. Giant forever.

"live strong and prosper or devolve"

Drake Maye enthusiast.

Ed Vette

Quote from: uconnjack8 on March 11, 2024, 04:54:27 PMIf the team flops again this year, will Daboll be around for 2025?  Or is his departure part of the rebuild?
Interesting thought. It appears he's along for the ride unless he implodes.

~ Coach Tom Coughlin

uconnjack8

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 11, 2024, 05:01:56 PMInteresting thought. It appears he's along for the ride unless he implodes.

Ed,

I just cannot see Daboll surviving a true rebuild year that it looks like they are headed toward.  And don't get me wrong,  I think a true rebuild is needed.

Just seems like he maybe a sacrifice for Schoen at this point. 

The one thing I dont want to see is a QB drafted this year and regime change next year.  And I will be happy if they get Maye or Daniel's somehow.

Ed Vette

The philosophy of waiting until the end of the season to sit down and evaluate, eliminates snap decisions, and shoot from the hips moves.

The downside is that they lost out on any trade opportunities for Barkley and McKinney. Probably could have gotten a second and a third at least for each. Leo was on the back nine so that move was a good one. They can even sign him back if they wanted as a stop gap at a good price.

~ Coach Tom Coughlin