News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Burns Rumor

Started by Rosehill Jimmy, March 11, 2024, 05:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doc16LT56

Before they can finalize a trade, they likely have to agree with Burns on a contract extension. We're likely talking about a 2nd round pick plus another pick, plus a $100 million contract.

It would be a big commitment from the Giants and a huge upgrade to the defense.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Doc16LT56 on March 11, 2024, 05:59:45 PMBefore they can finalize a trade, they likely have to agree with Burns on a contract extension. We're likely talking about a 2nd round pick plus another pick, plus a $100 million contract.

It would be a big commitment from the Giants and a huge upgrade to the defense.

Very aptly summarized.

While it's obvious the Giants aren't contending anytime soon, Burns is young enough that I'd be open to something like the above. Generally speaking, I have a very different attitude about expending resources on premium positions versus non-premium positions. Particularly when we're talking about a relatively young and very healthy, durable player who has been consistently productive so far in the league.

As you said Doc, Burns would be a major upgrade and difference maker for our D. We'd be set at starting edge for a while.

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on March 11, 2024, 06:05:48 PMVery aptly summarized.

While it's obvious the Giants aren't contending anytime soon, Burns is young enough that I'd be open to something like the above. Generally speaking, I have a very different attitude about expending resources on premium positions versus non-premium positions. Particularly when we're talking about a relatively young and very healthy, durable player who has been consistently productive so far in the league.

As you said Doc, Burns would be a major upgrade and difference maker for our D. We'd be set at starting edge for a while.
We wouldn't be contending, but adding Burns gives us a playoff caliber defense.
I don't preview my posts. I AM THE POST.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Saquon defender. Jones hater. Giant forever.

"live strong and prosper or devolve"

Drake Maye enthusiast.

Section 101 Steve

Igor him for a 2 and a 5. 5 yrs 150 moll
sm

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin