News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants Inquire about Moving Up Into The Top 3 For a QB, According to Alber Breer

Started by Ed Vette, March 13, 2024, 01:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GloryDays

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on March 13, 2024, 02:28:17 PMTrade down twice from 6 and collect picks...probably get a #1 for 2025 out of it.

More picks to build the roster, and ammo to move up in '25 to get that QB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Logic like this does not have many fans here!
One point to add, for what it's worth, the QB prospects for 2025 are considered to be weak compared to this draft

Rosehill Jimmy

"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

coggs

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on March 13, 2024, 07:40:38 PMI still have an incredibly hard time seeing any team in the top three parting with their pick. I'd love to be wrong and see it happen, but it's just an unbelievably hard thing for me to envision. All three are incredibly QB-needy (assuming the Bears are moving on from Fields which seems close to certain), and this is the best QB draft in some time.

The other thing is, in the event that this were going to somehow happen, I see zero chance that our 2025 first rounder would not be part of the equation, regardless of what any "reports" have claimed. It would cost us that pick plus a decent bit more. The value of going from 6 to 3 (or 1 or 2) this year is exorbitant. If one of these teams' picks is actually for sale, rest assured there will be other suitors, and they will hold our feet to the fire. As they should.
It is not just about needing a QB.  For arguments sake, New England may like McCarthy better than one of the top-3 and feel they can trade down and still get him.  I always say this with the NFL and NHL draft, experts can rank the guys all they want.  "Draft gurus" can run 345,192 mocks.  One thing they all have in common is NONE of them are actually making the picks.  Chicago could for arguments sake, be ready move on from Fields,  but may not love any of these prospects as much as others.  Could decide to trade down for a haul and pick up a QB later or pickup someone in FA as a filler.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: coggs on March 13, 2024, 10:03:39 PMIt is not just about needing a QB.  For arguments sake, New England may like McCarthy better than one of the top-3 and feel they can trade down and still get him.  I always say this with the NFL and NHL draft, experts can rank the guys all they want.  "Draft gurus" can run 345,192 mocks.  One thing they all have in common is NONE of them are actually making the picks.  Chicago could for arguments sake, be ready move on from Fields,  but may not love any of these prospects as much as others.  Could decide to trade down for a haul and pick up a QB later or pickup someone in FA as a filler.

Yup, I get that it's not impossible. I just struggle to see it is all. Feels like a pipe dream.

If I'm proven wrong, and it happens, I'll be very happy.

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: Brooklyn Dave on March 13, 2024, 02:45:43 PMNot if it means trading up and giving away this year's number 2 , next year's number 1 and 2 plus

no i would do that for drake maye
I don't preview my posts. I AM THE POST.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Saquon defender. Jones hater. Giant forever.

"live strong and prosper or devolve"

Drake Maye enthusiast.

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

T200

:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Philosophers

Giants need to move if they want a particular player.  Doubt highly they are indifferent to any of the four QBs.

Ed Vette

Quote from: T200 on March 14, 2024, 08:11:05 AMI'm open to Maye. My buddy follows a lot of college football. He said if he was Schoen, Maye would be his first choice. Daniels would be #2.
I think they have to definitely move up for Maye.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin