News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Meet The Locks

Started by Ed Vette, March 13, 2024, 09:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 13, 2024, 09:47:58 PMSomething tells me the Press is going to love this family. Apple Pie.

https://nypost.com/2024/03/13/sports/drew-locks-wife-natalie-is-damn-proud-of-qb-joining-giants/

Some people call him "unlucky"...but man, getting paid millions of dollars to sit on a bench and a front seat, field view of the game on the 50 yard line!!! That's not "unlucky"...and you'd have that shlt-eatin grin too if that girl was on your arm and thought you were her whole world. Don't care what anyone says...he is one lucky bastard. I hope he works out well for the Giants...if not, he'll retire to some beautiful home with a beautiful view and a pool and HER, damn!
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

spiderblue43

Luck doesn't begin to describe Lock. :yes:  Yowser.

Bill Brown

Every NFL player is lucky. Every player that signs an NFL contract hits the lottery.  You could give me any NFL contract and I am sure I'd be a very happy guy.

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

Ed Vette

Can you imagine if the Giants pass on a QB and Daboll transforms him into a great QB? What a story that would be. The talent is certainly there.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

kartanoman

I'm grateful beyond words to already have that girl on my arm, with all the love and support she has given me throughout several job-related moves, so I understand the narrative here and they see it as I do; a blessing for this new opportunity they find themselves in.

It is quite refreshing to read this and I'm very encouraged in reading some of the thoughts of the new players following their signing as a Giant. You want players who want to be there and this is a good approach to rebuilding the roster, in my opinion.

Welcome, Lock family!

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

Bob In PA

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 13, 2024, 09:47:58 PMSomething tells me the Press is going to love this family. Apple Pie.

https://nypost.com/2024/03/13/sports/drew-locks-wife-natalie-is-damn-proud-of-qb-joining-giants/

Ed: Do you sense (as I do) that there is a great deal of similarity between Jones and Lock (all-around)?  Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Ed Vette

Quote from: Bob In PA on March 14, 2024, 12:12:56 PMEd: Do you sense (as I do) that there is a great deal of similarity between Jones and Lock (all-around)?  Bob
I do.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bob In PA

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 14, 2024, 12:32:42 PMI do.
Ed: We may be in the minority, but the Lock move tells me the Giants are SERIOUS when they say they "like" Jones.

My extrapolation from that point is that the Giants are not going to draft a first-round QB.

Maybe they'll seek "the next Tom Brady" with their "new" 5th-rounder from the Burns trade. lol

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!