News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

TECHNICAL ISSUES

Started by MightyGiants, March 15, 2024, 06:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

We had a major technical problem late this afternoon.  The site is running now, but I am not comfortable with how I got it up and running (the site is now throwing massive error messages, and I fixed that by turning off the error messages).   If it crashes again, it could be down for days, and there may be a need for major repairs etc

Please note, if things go south I will update the BBH Twitter and BBH Facebook to keep everyone updated.

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Sem

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 15, 2024, 06:28:48 PMWe had a major technical problem late this afternoon.  The site is running now, but I am not comfortable with how I got it up and running (the site is now throwing massive error messages, and I fixed that by turning off the error messages).   If it crashes again, it could be down for days, and there may be a need for major repairs etc

Please note, if things go south I will update the BBH Twitter and BBH Facebook to keep everyone updated.

BBH Facebook? I searched for BBH and Big Blue Huddle but came up blank. Can you explain? 

I don't do Twitter/X.

brownelvis54

Quote from: Sem on March 15, 2024, 09:40:18 PMBBH Facebook? I searched for BBH and Big Blue Huddle but came up blank. Can you explain? 

I don't do Twitter/X.

Me too
The KING is in the building

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

brownelvis54

Thanks ED, but that link says TECHNICAL ISSUES we are working on it

Ed Vette

Quote from: brownelvis54 on March 15, 2024, 10:29:27 PMThanks ED, but that link says TECHNICAL ISSUES we are working on it
Rich is working on it with Tim. It could go down again until they find the cause.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

brownelvis54

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 15, 2024, 10:31:14 PMRich is working on it with Tim. It could go down again until they find the cause.

Thank you Ed

Gman329

Your hard work to keep us all connected is much appreciated.  Thank you!

EliWasrobbed

i thought y'all banned me  =))
I don't preview my posts. I AM THE POST.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Saquon defender. Jones hater. Giant forever.

"live strong and prosper or devolve"

Drake Maye enthusiast.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

UPDATE-  I believe I have the site somewhat stable.   That said, there is a weird issue with our web host where they reconfigure our site (randomly), and the site crashes until I redo the issue.   I have a 2 hour walk today and a party so I will not have the time to dig deeper into this issue with our hosting company (likely tomorrow I will).  So it's possible the site can go down for a stretch until I can get home access to the backend and undo their changes.

Overall, I am feeling better about the technical issues right now, but we are not quite out of the woods.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 16, 2024, 08:47:34 AMUPDATE-  I believe I have the site somewhat stable.   That said, there is a weird issue with our web host where they reconfigure our site (randomly), and the site crashes until I redo the issue.   I have a 2 hour walk today and a party so I will not have the time to dig deeper into this issue with our hosting company (likely tomorrow I will).  So it's possible the site can go down for a stretch until I can get home access to the backend and undo their changes.

Overall, I am feeling better about the technical issues right now, but we are not quite out of the woods.

Rich,

Thank you for this update, and thank you for the work you and others are doing on this. It is significantly appreciated.

MightyGiants

I also disabled Tapatalk at least temporarily to stabilize the site
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Have all the issues been resolved Rich? Andrew can't get on because TapaTalk is disabled.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin