News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

"The Giants are finished with Daniel Jones"

Started by MightyGiants, March 16, 2024, 08:21:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosehill Jimmy

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on March 16, 2024, 09:16:32 PMLock has never rushed for more than 160 yards in a season, and that was an outlier year. He is a career 3.9 YPC. He's a career 10.7 rushing yards per game.

Even if Jones is only 60-70% of his norm in his post ACL year, he's still a much bigger factor with his legs than Lock is or ever was.

Time will tell
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

Trench

I'm still rooting for the guy ...he's a good person and he works hard. Problem is he kinda stinks. He refuses to learn how to look off the safeties and the league knows it. I feel he is a bit of a tunnel vision type who cannot learn.

I hope he comes out this year and plays with reckless abandon and proves everyone wrong (NY loves and underdog) ....but honestly he melts when pressure increases.

He is Hostetler. Been saying it for a long time

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on March 16, 2024, 09:16:32 PMLock has never rushed for more than 160 yards in a season, and that was an outlier year. He is a career 3.9 YPC. He's a career 10.7 rushing yards per game.

Even if Jones is only 60-70% of his norm in his post ACL year, he's still a much bigger factor with his legs than Lock is or ever was.

if I'm Jones and/or the Giants, I am not encouraging Jones to run whatsoever given the injury clause. Doubt he even plays a snap next season
I don't preview my posts. I AM THE POST.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Saquon defender. Jones hater. Giant forever.

"live strong and prosper or devolve"

Drake Maye enthusiast.

StompYouOT

I guess there could be some gamesmanship, but it doesn't take great espionage skill to hypothesize The Giants are done with Jones.  They should be.  I don't have insider knowledge but know winter is cold and summer is hot.  I would have liked Jones to work out, but I could tell early on he wasn't it.  I was biased a bit because I thought he was a reach, but he's just not a franchise QB and that's all this organization should want.  They should have walked and signed Baker a year ago.

But he's on the roster for 2024 and I have no idea what the plan is. Is Lock the starter?  Probably....but he better be mobile.  I don't see a trade up since he traded for a DE last week.  I am good with a WR, but if they use pick 6 for McCarthy, well that would be almost as bad as 2019.

MightyGiants

Quote from: StompYouOT on March 17, 2024, 11:41:18 AMI guess there could be some gamesmanship, but it doesn't take great espionage skill to hypothesize The Giants are done with Jones.  They should be.  I don't have insider knowledge but know winter is cold and summer is hot.  I would have liked Jones to work out, but I could tell early on he wasn't it.  I was biased a bit because I thought he was a reach, but he's just not a franchise QB and that's all this organization should want.  They should have walked and signed Baker a year ago.

But he's on the roster for 2024 and I have no idea what the plan is. Is Lock the starter?  Probably....but he better be mobile.  I don't see a trade up since he traded for a DE last week.  I am good with a WR, but if they use pick 6 for McCarthy, well that would be almost as bad as 2019.

I like JJ McCarthy, but I am still uncertain if the Giants should go with an elite WR prospect or McCarthy (if he is there at 6) in round one.   I believe that a team needs proper support to develop a drafted QB.  Right now, the team has good coaching, a big question mark with their O-line (until proven otherwise), and mediocre receiving targets.   If they draft an elite WR, they will at least have one of the two on-field elements fixed (for when they do acquire a QB).  If they go, McCarthy, I don't think the team will be well-equipped to develop him.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Painter

It's pretty much a given that eco-capo-nomics will make it just about inevitable that Daniel Jones will not be the Giants QB next year and may not even finish the season as such. However, given the challenge, indeed burden, in finding a better, more suitable successor, I can't see it as something to want to celebrate.

Cheers!

londonblue

At least one or two of Legette, Pearsall, Coleman, Worthy will be there R2 or Corley, Walker, Rice R3 so there are plenty of opportunities to strengthen the WR group day 2. There will also be camp cuts. So IF they like a QB who is available to us at 6 then take the swing. I am not in favour of giving away sparse assets to trade up to swing though precisely because we have to help the new QB with better receivers and a better D.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.