News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Best remaining free agent CBs per Walter Football

Started by MightyGiants, March 17, 2024, 09:47:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

6.  Tre'Davious White, CB, Bills. Age: 29.   
Tre'Davious White is an incredibly talented cornerback, but injuries have ravaged his career. In the past couple of seasons, he's had a torn ACL and a torn Achilles. It feels like the Bills are selling low by cutting him, but White may never be the same player again.

8.  Adoree Jackson, CB, Giants. Age: 28.   
Adoree Jackson has been a talented cornerback for many years, but he's coming off a down season.

9.  Stephon Gilmore, CB, Cowboys. Age: 33.   
Stephon Gilmore is no longer the elite, shutdown cornerback he once was, but he still played at a high level this past season.

10.  Xavien Howard, CB, Dolphins. Age: 31.   
Xavien Howard was once known as one of the better cornerbacks in the NFL, but he's coming off two down years, including a dreadful 2023. He's now 31, so his best days are almost certainly behind him.

12.  Myles Bryant, CB, Patriots. Age: 26.   
Myles Bryant performed well out of the slot for the Patriots last year.

15.  Antonio Hamilton, CB, Cardinals. Age: 31.   
Antonio Hamilton began 2023 as a backup, but emerged as Arizona's top cornerback, though that's not saying much.

16.  Steven Nelson, CB, Texans. Age: 31.   
Steven Nelson rebounded from a down year with the Eagles to two solid seasons in Houston. His age is becoming a concern, however.

17.  Shaq Griffin, CB, Panthers. Age: 29.   
Shaq Griffin has enjoyed his ups and downs throughout his career. He struggled in Houston for the most part, but had some strong performances last year.

18.  Michael Davis, CB, Chargers. Age: 29. 
Michael Davis had a solid 2022 campaign, but his level of play dropped off last year.

20.  Isaac Yiadom, CB, Saints. Age: 28. 
Signed with 49ers

A former third-round pick, Isaac Yiadom was a journeyman but played well as a starting cornerback in the second half of last year.

MORE

https://walterfootball.com/freeagents2024CB.php
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

I guess the key here is if there is someone cheap they want to add. Obviously the only reason to not re-sign Adoree is money, so clearly anyone we do sign will have to be materially less. With McCloud/Banks/Flott, we're not THAT bad off without Adoree, so I see no reason to go nuts. Plus there's the draft.

I'm actually a little surprised Adoree hasn't been signed yet.

President Rick

age is an issue for most of these FA's....I see us taking a CB in round two [unless we trade way down in rd. 1  - for a boatload of picks or players - and could do so there].
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: President Rick on March 17, 2024, 10:31:43 AMage is an issue for most of these FA's....I see us taking a CB in round two [unless we trade way down in rd. 1  - for a boatload of picks or players - and could do so there].

It's possible. I think it's hard to pinpoint a position your team is going to pick in any round other than the very early first round. They could go in any number of directions with the 2nd round pick IMO.

MightyGiants

Quote from: President Rick on March 17, 2024, 10:31:43 AMage is an issue for most of these FA's....I see us taking a CB in round two [unless we trade way down in rd. 1  - for a boatload of picks or players - and could do so there].

Rick,

The team has more holes than resources to fix them.  Aging veterans are one stop-gap option
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

Wouldn't be great if Aaron Robinson came to camp 100% healthy and in perfect shape and wowed everybody? His appendectomy should be completely irrelevant now, and he had shown signs of being pretty good, before the injuries started piling up. He's only 26 (with very few miles on the odometer...lol, but a lot of dents and scratches in the fenders) and probably wants to prove himself. I can hope, can't I?
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Jclayton92

A lot of people don't like Flott but I really like his game with Belton being in the Nickel on 3rd.

I do prefer Aaron Robinson in the Nickel or a Safety spot.

But I'm also higher on our young secondary than most. Pinnock, Owens, Belton, Robinson, McCloud, Flott, Hawkins, and Banks are super young, and cheap.

Rosehill Jimmy

Quote from: Jclayton92 on March 17, 2024, 01:28:27 PMA lot of people don't like Flott but I really like his game with Belton being in the Nickel on 3rd.

I do prefer Aaron Robinson in the Nickel or a Safety spot.

But I'm also higher on our young secondary than most. Pinnock, Owens, Belton, Robinson, McCloud, Flott, Hawkins, and Banks are super young, and cheap.
Don't get me wrong, I prefer young players to old. But I'm also reminded of the famous Casey Stengel quote when talking about his '62 Mets. " We have this young player Goosen who is 20 years old.  In 10 years he has a chance to be 30"
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

MightyGiants

Aaron Robinson has missed so much time injured, I am not sure it's wise to count on him
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE