News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Nowhere Cold!

Started by Painter, March 18, 2024, 09:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Quote from: uconnjack8 on March 19, 2024, 03:25:23 PMArchie Manning

I think that's a little different. Yes, he inserted himself about where Eli was going to not play, so I get your point and I agree there is similarity there. However, Archie never spoke up again after that. When Eli was getting tossed around like a rag doll early in his career and shat on by the media and fans, his Dad didn't say boo.

Deion would be a completely different situation. The second there is any adversity or his son is not playing well, he will go on a public rampage blaming and bad-mouthing every player, coach, and executive associated with the team. He'll bad-mouth ownership while his son is on the team without thinking twice. He'll be very close to impossible to deal with the second the going gets rough, which it always does at some point, even with major success story players.

Philosophers

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on March 19, 2024, 03:29:39 PMI think that's a little different. Yes, he inserted himself about where Eli was going to not play, so I get your point and I agree there is similarity there. However, Archie never spoke up again after that. When Eli was getting tossed around like a rag doll early in his career and shat on by the media and fans, his Dad didn't say boo.

Deion would be a completely different situation. The second there is any adversity or his son is not playing well, he will go on a public rampage blaming and bad-mouthing every player, coach, and executive associated with the team. He'll bad-mouth ownership while his son is on the team without thinking twice. He'll be very close to impossible to deal with the second the going gets rough, which it always does at some point, even with major success story players.

Archie also never spoke about Eli prior to the draft.